Spring 2016: The Power of Now: Aha moment #14 Enlightened Relationships: The beauty of my cease fire

Boy am I digging The Power of Now as he speaks about enlightened relationships. He speaks of intimate relationships as addictions designed to cover our own pain. It's some pretty deep stuff and all so true.



This line really got me

That is why, after the initial euphoria has passed, there is so much unhappiness,So much pain in intimate relationships. They do not cause pain and unhappiness. They bring out the pain and unhappiness that is in you. Every addiction does that.


Wow. This is such truth and it's a reminder to me that I don't need to avoid relationships if I have confronted the pain in my life. Last year I called for a ceasefire in the war on myself. I was done fixing myself and I had stopped believing that I wasn't enough. Instead of waiting for some future event to provide deliverance and salvation, I went for the deliverance and salvation in the now.


It's cool that I've experienced what Tolle is describing for people who confront their pain in the now.


He says
If they only knew how easy it is to access in the Now the power of presence that dissolved the past and it's pain, the reality that dissolves the illusion. If they only know how close they are to their own reality, how close to God.


The Beauty of My Own Cease Fire: Realizing the Present is enough

After I ended the war on myself last year, I can say this is absolute truth. I'm not looking for a job, a man, or some future event to bring me salvation and relief. The Now is enough. In order for you to create a future you must be fully present. Before last year I wasn't fully present I was always trying To jump into the future because I was so frustrated and tired of my own present life. That changed once I realized that the war on myself would continue on even into the future when I got to the mythical THERE.


Most people are not willing to be honest about what's causing them pain. They aren't willing to be honest with themselves about their inner suffering because we live in a shallow world. We live in a world that's obsessed with appearance, surface level, celebrity and the superficial. People are no longer interested in discussing the deep questions of life and they certainly aren't willing to confront their inner turmoil. 

That's one of the reasons our culture is so immersed in celebrity worship. Focusing on celebrities provides an outlet for people who don't want to confront their own lives so they live vicariously through these celebrities.

My Life is Enough.  Where I am now is exciting. Where I am now is enough and what will ultimately determine the future so I don’t need to wait for salvation in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts