P31 OBS: Moving Forward in Faith is doing the next hard thing...



But it's soooo hard...

There have been a number of times where I have wanted to give up on my entrepreneurial endeavors because I think it's too hard and too much work.  I keep thinking this wasn't a good idea and then I Run my Key Performance Indicators and realize I'm not as horrible of a business owner as I thought.  There is room for improvement and I am working on it.

But it's still hard and sometimes I just want to give up.

However my Faith won't let me give up.  I just believe from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet that THIS is what I am SUPPOSED to be doing.  This is my stepping stone to reaching more people...especially women.

 I've said that I want to see women  want to see more women go for the dreams that were placed in their hearts. I want to see them CHOOSE THE BEST FOR THEIR LIVES INSTEAD OF SETTLING BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK ANYTHING BETTER IS COMING ALONG. I want women to BE MORE and DO MORE than they thought they could. I want them to GET OVER THESE LIMITING BELIEFS!!!

How am I going to teach anyone to go for their outrageous dreams if I am giving up because it's sooooooooo hard.  

I love this reminder:  Moving Forward in Faith is doing the next hard thing. I always ask people:   Why do you need faith if you can do it on your own?  You don't.  You just need God for backup?  I mean come on!

You tell me you have faith and yet you've not taken any risks or done anything that's difficult.

I once heard Rev. Peter Chao of Singapore say:  You must attempt something so great that it's doomed unless God be in it.

Wow.  To me that's what faith is.  Whatever you are trying to do needs to sound so crazy and be so crazy that unless God is in it, then it will fail.  What really has kept me from becoming agnostic is listening to believers tell these incredible stories of what happened when they said Yes to the calling that God has put on their lives.

Just seeing the life transformations, the miracles, and the impact these believers have had because they said Yes to God has kept me a believer that there's something greater than all of us.

I have listened to so many people who talk about God, religion, church, and tell me that I am going to Hell because I don't go to their church.  However these people say that they have faith and yet they don't take risks, they don't take chances, and every time something is difficult they give up or avoid it altogether.

How on EARTH is that faith?  It's not
You must attempt something so great that it's doomed unless God be in it. - Rev Peter Chao

Building up Your Faith means challenging yourself

It doesn't take any faith to sit in a church building every week.  It doesn't take any faith to sit and listen to someone else scream and holler about God every week.  It doesn't take any faith to attend church events and socialize.  Speaking from experience it can be HARD to sit through that every week and it can be HARD to leave but to me what's HARDEST is to sit there every week and keep dying spiritually.

Moving Forward in Faith may be leaving the religion on the pews and stepping forward in Faith.

It is human nature to want to take the path of least resistance and with SOME things we should not overcomplicate matters.  However if you want to build up your faith  you've got to challenge yourself.  In exercise we say the most important variable is your intensity.  How intensely you work will determine how strong you get, your level of conditioning, etc.

The same with our faith.  It involves getting intense and doing crazy/risky things.

Doing Crazy

I've been pretty adamant about what Sister Leymah Said Last year.  I keep posting it because it's so true.


I am proud to say I've raised my Crazy Factor this past  year.  

I'm still in business and deciding to expand this year when really I should be looking for a REAL job.

I think praying for someone when you have no names and no faces is pretty crazy.

I think blogging about it because you think it's all apart of the story that you're going to tell is crazy.

But even crazy can be hard and the good thing is I don't have to have all of the answers.

It can be hard because nobody gets me.  I have no proof.  I have no receipts.  All I have is certain belief and steps of faith.  Even when dots are connected and truth is revealed, I will have to get on to the next hard thing.  

Business expansion will be hard, risky, and difficult.  Starting a new relationship will be hard and scary for me but that's what faith is for.  It's to say I don't have the answers but God does.

This study is right on time for me.  It's so tempting to want to give up but if I proclaim to have faith and don't do the hard stuff, then what is my faith worth?  Not worth much of anything.  We won't let that be our testimony.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts