Spring 2016: The Power of Now Aha Moment #11 I don't want to miss a THING

Aha Moment  #11 I don't want to miss a thing



I've said that as I chronicle my story that I don't want to miss even the smallest detail. The only way that Can happen is to be fully present.


Eckhart Tolle references the teachings of Jesus when he talks about this type of waiting. Jesus said:  “keep watch for you don't know the day or the hour” and he said, “Watch and Pray!”
While reading this section of the book, I thought about the story of the 5 foolish bridesmaids who didn't have enough oil and missed the bridegroom vs the 5 wise bridesmaids who were wise enough to  have oil. I was pretty surprised when Tolle cited that exact story in the book. He said the 5 foolish bridesmaids represented unconscious and not present but the 5 wise bridesmaids represented consciousness. The bridegroom represented the NOW. The unconscious people got left out in the cold because they had to go get more oil so they missed the NOW.


Tolle says:
Something could happen at any moment, and if you are not absolutely awake, absolutely still you will miss it


The psalmist wrote Be Still and know that I am God. When we are still, alert, and waiting on God we notice even the smallest details and we can hear the inner voice even more clearly. You cannot do this living in the past or anxiously awaiting the future. The chatter is too loud.


In the past few weeks I've come to the realization that if we are still and in the moment that you can appreciate  even the smallest details of how life is guiding you.  As a creative person, I find that my best ideas come when I am not trying to think about finding the right words or come up with some new and revolutionary ideas.  It comes when I’m just existing.

Because we live in such a mind dominated culture most modern art, architecture, music, and literature are devoid of beauty of inner essence with very few exceptions. The people that create these things cannot free themselves from their mind so they are never in touch with that place within where true creativity and beauty arise.

So true.

Comments

Popular Posts