Proverbs 31 Bible Study: 5 Habits of a Woman who won't quit - Accepting Refinement




Dang.  I just seem to be up to my eyeballs in development.  If I'm not working on getting my online business launched, then I'm reading the Power of Now getting FIRED UP about my life in the present.

When I saw the title for the latest Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, I just couldn't resist signing up.  It was called 5 Habits of a woman who won't quit.

I felt like this would be a good study for me to go through especially since I'm done with church at the moment.  I don't think that's any excuse to stop nurturing my spiritual life and doing a Bible Study that's focused on Not Quitting is very timely.

As a new entrepreneur, I've wanted to quit so many times.  Seeing my bills pile up and money going out faster than it's coming in, isn't very encouraging. It would be so much easier to give up and quit.  I could get a "Real Job" and make more money and get health insurance.  You do not know how many times I've thought, "I should just give up!"

But I can't.

I've been called to do this.  So many times people reach out to me and thank me for a blog post or want to talk about their own experiences.  I know this is just the beginning and we cannot despise small beginnings.

Faithful with Little ----->  Faithful with Much


One of the scriptures that the Author started the study off with was Luke 16:10

For unless you are honest in small matters, you won’t be in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

Isn't that just it?  If God cannot even trust me to stay the course with this little one woman business and I'm ready to give up because it's too hard, then how on earth do I expect to handle it when things get bigger.  There will be even bigger challenges as everything grows.

So many people have these big dreams, these big visions, and these big plans but the second something happens where they are NOW they are ready to quit and give up.

I'm determined to be a woman God can count on and trust to get the job done.  I think too many people need to be impacted for me to give up and quit because I am uncomfortable.


First Habit Accepting Refinement

I had to laugh because this has been one of my biggest lessons during this Sacred Journey.  I call it Refiner's Fire University.  When we talk about Waiting on the Lord, depending on the version of the Bible the scripture says they that wait, trust, hope in the Lord will renew, receive new strength!  (Isaiah 40:31)

Well that's what Refinement is.  You're in the weight room of life, getting stronger, and bringing out the detail in the muscle (Hey this is my profession here).

As I'm reading over my story and looking at certain events, I realize that I was in no way shape or form ready for what I wanted.  If I had received what I had wanted when I wanted, it would be dead in the water.  I'm so thankful for the time of refinement because CLEARLY God knew better than I do.

It's like Eckhart Tolle says in The Power of Now, when we look to the future for fulfillment we become frustrated instead of enjoying our NOW.  All we have is the NOW.  Once we surrender to God, then the frustrations will start to calm down.  As you know I was the most frustrated person ever.  I was frustrated about EVERYTHING but now I just think of the words from Bethel's It is Well which  is another song I loved to sing over at Shiloh Church!

In the past few weeks I have just thought, this story is probably going to get even better and more unbelievable.  Didn't I tell you that you would see God's glory if you believe!!!! (John 11:40)


My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name 


It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul


To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts