P31 OBS: 5 Habits of a Woman Who won't Quit: His PURPOSE shall Prevail


We are on Week 3 and while there is a lot that I want to discuss in the third habit which is:  I am staying open to the movement of God, I want to sit right here for a moment and discuss our scripture of the week.

I actually LOVE the NLT translation of this scripture:


You can make many plans but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.


I like to make plans.  I like to set goals, draw up strategies, make schedules, and have things go according to my plans.  I have learned in the past several years that we can make ALL the plans we want but when you're a believer, God never really cares about your plans.  He has his own agenda and his plans are ALWAYS better than our plans.  Our plans tend to be self centered, limiting, and too small.  Our plans are often limited to what we see and what we can do.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how I have said that I want a purpose driven life, marriage, career, family, platform, etc.  I've said that but the thing is:  That will probably come with some STUFF because as Pastor David Kitely taught us at Shiloh Church:  "The will of God is rarely convenient."  It's not convenient nor is it a fairy tale.  It's often messy, discouraging, and complicated.  His purpose is to bring Glory to his name and that usually involves something happening to where we say, "only by his grace".

Being Open to a Movement of God

Being Open to a Movement of God is the third Habit of a woman who won't quit and I'll talk more about that in my next few posts but being open to a movement of God means that my plans may be ruined. My carefully set goals and plans may go up in smoke when God decides to move.   All the I'm never gonna do this, that, and the other will go out the window as I accept his movement.

So Let Go, My Soul, and Trust in Him:  

The Waves and Wind still know his name

It is Well by Bethel has been on my heart so strongly this week.  I still say that my status is:  Still Waiting on God and part of that is letting go of my rigid plans, ideas, and what I THOUGHT was going to happen for me.  

In these past few weeks I've been asking myself some tough questions.  How would I handle this? Would I really be open to something if I just knew that's what I was supposed to be doing?  What if it looked crazy to everyone on the outside?  What if everyone criticized me and my name was mud? 

Would I still sing from the rooftops: "IT IS WELL.  IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!!!" or would I give up and quit because I was receiving criticism and opposition??

I think this is part of Not Quitting:  This process of learning to Let Go, Trust God, and say:"You know what?  Even if this looks CRAZY, this is a move of God and I'm open to it.  I don't care.  Everyone has their formulas and plans of how they think things should go and they barely get any results, but the people who truly do great things are ALWAYS doing things differently from the masses.  They do crazy.

The message I heard last year from Sister Leymah Gwobee from Liberia touched my soul and settled in my spirit.  I truly believe this and I truly believe that if you're truly INTENTIONAL and SERIOUS about living a PURPOSE DRIVEN life then you've got to be willing to accept the crazy and run with it.



Through it all  Through it all
My Eyes are on You
and 
It is Well 
With Me




Comments

Popular Posts