Proverbs 31 OBS: Why Her? Week 6 - Wrap Up

This has been a fabulous Bible Study.  As I have had my own personal experience with the pitfalls of comparison and how it is all a waste of time, I looked at the Bible study through wiser eyes.

I personally connected with Truth One, Truth Two, and Truth Four

My time spent in the wilderness of comparison was a result of having to be honest, understanding that I didn't do anything wrong (losing the legalistic performance based religious mindset) and seeing how it really is.  Sometimes you don't see how it really is until years later.



The 6 Truths of the Why Her?  Bible Study with quotes by Nicki Koziarz

Truth One: You Need to Be Honest"Comparison is a battle to see whose truth — ours or God's — we'll allow to rule our thoughts and actions."
Truth Two: See It Like It Really Is "We need to remember when looking at people's lives that appear perfect to us, there's probably a not-so-perfect story happening there that's never going to be told."
Truth Three: You Don't Always Have to Be Okay"Choose God's Promises, Fight for God's promises and Walk in Truth."
Truth Four: You Didn't Do Anything Wrong "to trust God so much that if He doesn't give it to us, we don't want it."
Truth Five: Her Gain Is Not Your Loss"Even if it feels like everyone else is winning and you're losing, the goodness of God is at work in you because the goodness of God is at work in all His kids."
Truth Six: Let the Success of Others Encourage, Not Discourage You
 "God's purpose isn't a battlefield for competition. It's a safe haven of calling.


Practical Life Application



What is for me is for me.  Period.  I don't need to compare myself to anyone else nor will I allow myself to be compared to anyone else.

It may not look like what I thought it would or even how I thought it should look but it is right for me.

There is  enough for everyone.  There are enough clients, there is enough provision, there is enough.   Our callings are a safe haven.  They aren't the battlefield of comparison

My Bless Her Prayer

Nicki had us do a Bless Her for a woman that we wanted to bless.  That woman we compare ourselves to so instead of comparison we bless her.

I chose to pray for Ingrid because one day I hope I can be like her and prophesy to others to take action. I pray that I can speak encouragement, strength, and wisdom into people's lives.
My bless her prayer had nothing to do with jealousy, envy, or bitterness.  It was out of a sincere desire to see this woman flourish and continue to change lives.

Here's what the Bless Her  Prayer says:

God, today I’m praying for [insert their name]. I am grateful You have gifted her with the ability to [insert their gif/opportunity]. You are a good God who gives each of us good gifs. I pray that today would be a day of increase with the ability to use those gifs in her life. Help [insert their name] to use her time, resources, and gifs wisely today. Surround her with what she needs most. And bless her greatly. In Jesus’ name, amen.
This is Truth 6 wrapped up in a nutshell: 
 Let the Success of Others Encourage, Not Discourage You

Ingrid and her gifts have done nothing but encourage me to continue my walk and to begin to be brave enough to speak into people.

Comments

Popular Posts