Fresh Vision: Seed Sowing Sunday

This past Sunday was Seed Sowing Sunday at Shiloh Church.  I wrote a whole big declaration which I'll share some snippets of what I wrote but I think it's important for me to be clear about what Seed Sowing is for me.


What Seed Sowing is NOT

Due to my legalistic background, I had a transactional attitude about seed sowing. I thought if I sowed a seed then then I would immediately see the fruit.

It's the whole performance and then receiving points for it.

That is not what seed sowing is.

When you sow a seed you will not see fruit the next day.  We know this in theory but it's hard in practice.  In fact, first you may get a little sprout, then a plant, and then you'll start to see fruit begin to appear (I know nothing about gardening but I'm assuming this is how it happens)  Even after fruit begins to appear, it still needs to ripen.

So seed sowing is not a transaction but it's a declaration of faith.

What Seed Sowing IS

When you sow a seed, you don't get a seed back you get a tree - Pastor Javier Ramos
This was a powerful statement for me because it helped me to realize that whatever you sow, you are sure to get much more that in your life.


Seed sowing is a Declaration of Faith.  


It's saying:  I BELIEVE that Something is going to grow from this.  It may not be tomorrow or next week but I believe something is going to happen.

What keeps me from throwing the towel in on the whole endeavor is being at Shiloh Church.  Hearing all of the incredible stories, testimonies, and prophecies that have come to pass really keep me in the game.  I believe that my own story is going to be added to those.  


The people who came before me sowed their seeds and have had a bountiful harvest that's still going.  We're eating fruits from prophecies made many years ago.  That all happened because someone sowed a seed.


Fresh Vision:  Declaration

My Seed Sowing Declaration wasn't like it was a few years ago or even how it would have been last year.  No my seed sowing declaration was one of faith. 

On the envelope where we talked about what our seed represented I said, My seed represented my belief that Shiloh Church would be at the center of a major revival and a place for radical transformation.  I also said that I believed my family was called to Shiloh and this seed represented my contribution to keep the party going.  

Let's face it:  We live in the United States and it takes money to get things done.  

The family thing is truly a seed of faith because I don't have a family of my own yet. 

I do believe they are coming and I know we're supposed to add to the legacy of Shiloh Church.  

So there we have it.  It was a big week of revelation and a-ha moments.  I think we are on the upswing and I'm seeing some new excitement with fresh vision.

The prayers we received afterward were just as powerful.  Anointed with Oil, held by the hands, speaking prophetic words over our lives:  Fearless, You're going to be more fired up than ever before, peace over your house, glory to God.  Amazing!!  So much excitement

This much I know is true:  If something is truly for you, then you don't have to keep looking for it.  It will show up at the appointed time without you having to force or manipulate it.  Right now my goal is to be patient and allow myself to accept and receive without thinking everything to death.


Comments

Popular Posts