Fresh Vision 2018: Secret Places, Daniel Fasting, and Wow

Whew.

This has been quite the experience.  I wasn't sure what I was expecting but I have learned so much and gained so much insight into my own life, getting into alignment with God, and received a lot of encouragement.

The Secret place

When Brother Richard prayed for me and told me that I would not die an old maid he also made mention of something called the Secret Place.

In our Church's prayer reset book by Bob Sorge he mentioned the Secret Place (He also happens to be the author of the book called Secrets of the Secret Place)  Finally in our Bible Study Nicki mentioned the Secret Place.

I thought:  What is this Secret Place?  Maybe I should learn about it.  So I did what any diligent woman of faith would do.  

I went on Amazon and ordered the book.

Well I learned what the secret place is and I also came to the conclusion that as long as I keep coming back to the secret place everything will unfold as it should.  

Bob Sorge's book:  Secrets of the Secret Place is incredible.  It's 52 short chapters and when I tell you that it has been super super super encouraging to me...I am not giving you the whole story

Why Fast?

To be perfectly honest my main motivations for fasting are to work on spiritual discipline and because I think that is what serious people do.  Mark Batterson said there are some breakthroughs that can only happen when you double circle with prayer and fasting.

That is true but I love what Bob Sorge said in his book the Secrets of the Secret Place
There is no spiritual merit in fasting; It doesn't earn extra points with God. But it does tenderize your spirit, sensitize your hearing, and accelerate the pace of divine flow in and through your life. - Bob Sorge, Secrets of the Secret Place
This is true and I have to say what I have experienced through my fast.  I haven't fasted in about 3 years but in the past 7 days it's all been flowing.

Creativity

People continue to talk about the creation.  Pastor patrick mentioned God bringing Adam into a ready environment.  The creation wasn't completed but it was ready for him.  He didn't have him out there in the void....thus Pastor Patrick said:  God brings us into ready environments.

Then yesterday at church we've started a new sermon series: Beginnings - The Book of Genesis


Pastor Dawn Humphrey preached a magnificent sermon from Genesis Chapter 1. She too used the word creative and how we are earthen vessels.  We are the earth.  God is creating creating creating something within us just like how he blew on Adam and gave him life so the Holy Spirit wants to blow on us as He did on that Pentecost where the church was established and the Holy Spirit had come.


Creativity.  We don't hear much about that in Religious Christianity.  It all seems so dogmatic and and based on ritual.  Not a lot of room for creativity but that's the antithesis of scripture.  We serve a creator so everything he does is creative.




Keep sowing them seeds cause it ain't in vain


Bob Sorge says in his book the secret place that the actual impact of the secret place is not evident until a later time.

What we sow today requires seasons of growth. Sowing is usually extremely mundane, boring, and mental. Rarely are the benefits of sowing seen at the time. - Bob Sorge Secrets of The Secret Place

Let's pause right there

I was a fan of Bob Sorge before but after reading that passage, I am a fan for life. This is what many people fail to admit. The same way grocery shopping, meal preparation, drinking water, going to the gym, saying no to desserts and all that is not always the most exciting but when done consistently produces a healthy lifestyle with amazing results.  

So goes it with sowing into our spiritual fitness. A lot of it feels boring and like you're not going anywhere but performed consistently over time produces a lifestyle change that harvests amazing results.

As Bob Sorge points out, authentic spiritual harvest is rarely instantaneous.

There are no quick fixes for anything.

The Wow part came for me when he said that intercession accelerates God's purposes in the Earth. That caused a total mindset shift for me. Rather than complaining about not getting any fruit from the seeds I've been sowing, maybe it's time to be excited because my seed sowing in the form of prayer is causing acceleration and preventing further delay.

Wow.

To God be the Glory


Comments

Popular Posts