Fresh Vision: Seasons and More Seed Sowing.

What an incredible weekend!

I spoke at a business summit and one of the speakers talked about how our businesses have seasons.  We have Spring where we are growing, summer where everything is in full bloom and ripening, There's Fall harvest, and then there's winter where it can get dark, nothing is growing, there are storms, and it's time to go inside and review and prepare for the spring.

In a society that's always GO GO GO and DO DO DO....it's a novel concept that there are times where it's not growing and we need to pull it back to plan and prepare.

Life is like that as well and I think that flows right on into the whole concept of Seed Sowing.  I am planting seeds that I plan to see harvested.  Now the problem with me and most folks is that we want to see the plant bloom the next day or the next week.  It doesn't work like that AT ALL.

When I get discouraged or down on myself, I have to remember that it may not be happening right now but it is happening.  My seeds are  a declaration of FAITH that I BELIEVE that these seeds will grow.

Generous

Some of the other speakers at this conference talked about generosity and abundance.  My friend Aeriol did a meditation where she mentioned holding on tightly to money and how we didn't need to do that because there is enough.

I told her that message was for me.  So often I end up trying to hold on to my money because I don't think there will be enough.

Another woman named Michelle talked about eliminating our blocks with money.  I have my own money story.  I'm so afraid of being absolutely destitute and so I allow that fear to guide my ideas about abundance. I'm making more money than I ever have and I need to focus on my gratitude for that instead of "It's just not enough". With a scarcity mindset... It's never enough!

That goes right on into what we're talking about at Shiloh Church.  We are talking about Generosity. 

What is our generosity for?  It should be about helping others and making an impact.

Pastor Javier reported that last Sunday Shiloh collected the most money they ever had for a seed sowing Sunday in its history.  

I am not surprised.  Something radical and earth shattering is going to happen at Shiloh.  I think there will be revival like we haven't seen in a generation.  I'm positive this much is true.

Stand still and don't be a psycho chick

Ok...little confession here.  

It looks like my Fresh Vision has noticed some excitement...This is different in so many ways.  For one thing I've been taking those relationship classes so I already have improved in so many areas like not turning into psycho chick.  

The other thing is that I'm not filled with anxiety and like I have to do something.  Sure, I have snooped on Instagram and that's made me even more interested


This also isn't like at the gym where I was listening to Rihanna, drinking pre-workout, and training legs so then anybody started looking good and then when I saw that person again it was...It's a No from me dawg.

Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord

Pastor Patrick Kiteley does a weekly Bible study on conference call and since it's only like 20 minutes, I listened.  I really like that guy.  It was powerful because in 20 minutes there is no time for fluff. It's let's get into this word, break it down, and get off the call.

Well he said something that really stuck with me and was the message.

2 Chronicles 20: 17 (NKJV)
17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”

So I do not need to DO anything at this moment to try to make something happen.  I need to get into position aka get into alignment.  Didn't I just talk about that??  

Yesterday during Praise and Worship I felt challenged to get out of my pew during Praise and Worship.  I felt like God was calling me to get out of my comfort zone and get into position.  


It's Spring Time 

Then yesterday at church Pastor Javier prophesied that the season of endurance was over.  A friend of mine prayed for me very powerfully and I just know that those seeds he was praying into me will come to a harvest.

It's spring time.  Things are growing and the sun is coming out.

Fresh Vision for Spring...and even some new excitement.

Comments

Popular Posts