Fresh Vision: Alignment, Reset, Surrender, and Daniel Fasting




This Spring the Leadership at Shiloh Church has decided that as a church we are going to do a 10 Day Daniel Fast and then do a 20 Day Prayer Reset using ReSet By Bob Sorge.

I love Bob Sorge's material so I was in because his stuff is 100% life application.

As far as the Daniel Fast, I feel like I need to get up out of my comfort zone and I also believe that I'm in a season where I need to learn about this fasting business.  Plus as a Healthy Lifestyle expert, I think fasting is great for digestion and also furthering self discipline...so I was in.  Everyone can always use more veggies!  Look at these beautiful veggies that my client Grace prepared.



In my seed sowing declaration I said that I believed so much of my legacy is going to be rooted at Shiloh Church and what better way to get the ball officially rolling by participating in the church wide fast and dedication to prayer.

I want to be in Alignment

The first day Bob Sorge talked about our objective which is "That we may know him".  Yes that's true and I have other objectives such as:

  • Being in alignment with what God has for my life
  • Surrendering even if I don't want to 
  • Going to another deeper level
The main objective is to be in alignment with God's will for my life.  Every single time I've tried to make it happen on my own, disaster has ensued...so I don't want that.  I want to be in the right position so all I have to do is stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.

Daniel Fasting

I know some people act like Daniel Fast is the worst thing ever but for me it's really not that bad.  It's not all that different from how I eat anyway (I don't eat a lot of refined sugars and crap).  The only thing that's tougher for me is to eliminate meat...but even that isn't that bad.  I just have to get creative and plan ahead.

Besides that, I think it's a good thing to eat more plant based anyway both for your digestion, it's also good for the planet and your wallet!

Along with the Daniel Fast, I'm also fasting from my TV shows again and also minimal social media usage (Some instagram for posting recipes, some Facebook posts, and little to no Twitter)  I tell you what I am more productive and my mood is a lot better not hearing about what terrible thing to be outraged about today.


Comments

Popular Posts