The Power of Now in Spring 2016: Aha Moment #3 Act as if you had chosen it because Life is Now

Accept it as it is and Act as if you had chosen it…



What allowed me to begin to live in the now without all the frustration and anxiety?


I believed that I had chosen this path to be successful, teach people, and have major impact. Once I made that choice I made the choice that I wasn't going to be like everyone else. My life wasn't going to look like everyone else's and rather than comparing myself and getting frustrated, I needed to accept my path and embrace it which is what I did.


As I began to chronicle my story, I realized the now is exciting. It’s is all a puzzle and I get to record it piece by piece. It stopped being drudgery and a roadblock to this glorious future I had imagined for myself and instead the now became glorious and an actual adventure.


I also began to recognize how fear robs us of the power of Now even in seemingly small ways.  For instance, I wanted to attend Fitness Conferences to network, learn more, and to develop as a business person.  I would think, “I can’t afford it.  If I go, then I’ll be broke and I can’t pay my bills:”  I then changed that story to


“I really need to invest in myself and my career.  This investment will pay itself back with what I will learn and how it will benefit my clients and people that I want to work with.  Release the Fear and just go get it.”


When I was working through this in my head one of my clients said to me,
“You’re the only trainer I’ve ever worked with who is always going to these conferences to try and improve.  I always get the benefits when you attend these things.”


That was confirmation to me that I was on the right path and I needed to stop letting fear of what could happen rob me of my growth.


Life is now.



Such a simple concept that Eckhert Tolle puts forward. Now. that's all there ever is. In our society we are always hung up on the past or marketing towards the future. We hardly ever want to face the now because we've been conditioned to always look for better and now is never better. We love The good ole days when things were better or we wait in anticipation for the revolution to come and life will be better


I believe that my life began its intended trajectory when I stopped looking to the past and the future and began to live in the now.

Now was the time to live, experience, write, feel, listen, and learn. If I didn't do it now, then I never would. If I didn't accept myself or love myself, then I never would if I couldn't do it now. A career, smaller body, husband, kids, or money would not change that if I couldn't do it now.

Comments

Popular Posts