The Power off Now: Aha Moment #8: Understanding my Inner purpose and outer purpose

On this sacred journey I can say that my outer purpose and goals have not changed at all. They haven't changed since I started. I'm sure I am in for some twists and turns along with some bombshells but my outer purpose and mission of impact, empowerment, telling my story to help other women, and ultimately having a life that glorifies God has not changed.



My inner purpose though has changed 100%. At church we are taught that it's not about outcomes, it's about God changing you and your inner life which will produce an outcome that gives God glory. At Shiloh Church we learned that it was inner/outer change is the way God changes us and what will last.


In the Power of Now, Tolle says that the outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now. As you become more deeply aware of this step, you realize that it already contains within itself all the other steps as well as the destination.


I have found this to be true. Currently I am Experiencing inner work that contains all the steps we need as well as what I want my destination to be: Love winning over everything


On this blog I've talked about the different steps that I've taken in each season of NOW. We had the season where I learned about my selfish ambition. It came to my awareness and I had to deal with it in the now. I could not continue on my outer journey until I processed that.


In this season of NOW I have become aware that I'm not as cold hearted and closed off as I thought I was. I have always said that when it comes to love and romance I have never cared enough. I don't know what it means to invest my whole self into another person because I don't think it's worth it. However in this 2016 spring season I'm seeing that I actually DO have the capability to do that.. I have the equipment and I have what it takes to care and love even when I would rather not because it's too messy.  I have the ability to still believe even when I should not. I can't just turn off what I believe to be true on a gut level because of logic and reasoning.


I keep telling myself to forget certain things but I cannot.  I cannot turn off my inner voice that is in my gut. No matter how hard I try.

Just becoming Aware of these aha moments have started to transform my inner journey. I find myself being less judgmental of women and their choices regarding loving men. The time may come when I would appear to make foolish choices to others because I love someone enough and I believe it is what God has called me to do.

Comments

Popular Posts