Word of the Week is Opposition: I'm Ready

I don't know where on earth this is all coming from, but yesterday during my declaration and also during my Quiet Time, the word OPPOSITION kept coming up.

You can even read on this blog in my declaration for my next year of life where I mention that I know in this next season, I will face opposition.  My name will be smeared and I will be criticized and judged.  

Way back last year I wrote down that when God begins to fulfill his purpose in my life there will be a lot of noise.  There will be a lot of opposition, mess, and a lot of criticism. I had no idea what that meant.  I just figured that when God sends me my Mr. Wonderful that there will be a lot of disapproval.

After yesterday's prophetic word over at Shiloh Church and during my own time of meditation and declaration, the word Opposition kept coming into my spirit.


Delayed to Get my Training On

As you know I'm a fitness enthusiast and aspiring fitness competitor.  I have been delayed in my fitness competition aspirations SO THAT I can bring a competitive package to the stage.

I think God  has delayed me in my marriage aspirations for the same reason.  I need to train hard SO THAT I can kill these lions and bears that are trying to cheat me and my husband out of our destiny.  When Pastor Patrick gave us that prophetic word in church yesterday I wasn't sure what he was talking about.  When I got home to do my meditation and Declaration, I looked up the words lions and bears in the Bible and I was led right to 1 Samuel 17:34-37

34 But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock, 35 I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death. 36 I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God! 37 The Lordwho rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!”
Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And may the Lord be with you!”

Then it started to make sense. 

The Valley of Sheep


As Pastor Derwin taught us in the Limitless Life Bible Study, God trains us in the Valley of Sheep and this is where most people mess it all up.  God gives them a word, they get excited, and are sent to the valley of sheep.  After a while  they get sick of being in the valley of sheep because it isn't glamorous.  It's also frustrating and boring.  You have to keep doing the same thing over and over...and worst nothing seems to be happening.

What happens then?  People figure they made it all up, they start doubting that they heard from God, and then they decide they have had enough and leave the valley of sheep.  They decide to go and see if they can make it happen in their own strength.

Big Mistake.

This is where all the mess and drama starts happening because we decide we can make our own word come true.

The Valley of Sheep is where you get your training so when it's SHOWTIME you have the COURAGE and CONFIDENCE to STAND AND DELIVER.  

So I decided I'm just gone be here in the valley of Sheep getting my praise on, studying the Word, and other materials SO THAT when the giant of Opposition comes, you're going down.

Grace to Face Opposition

I have already resolved to STAND FIRM when the opposition comes.  I have asked God for the grace to FACE THE OPPOSITION and not compromise my integrity.

I'm sure there will be a lot of mess, drama, and criticism but I have resolved to STAND FIRM and not say "FORGET IT!  THIS IS NOT WORTH IT!"

I will not mess up my testimony by giving into temptation and sin.  I have already purposed in my mind and in my spirit that I AM GOING TO DO THE RIGHT THING

I have asked God for the grace to face opposition

Where is all of this coming from?

I have no clue.  Bishop Jakes preached a series about how opportunity will come in the form of opposition. I  didn't really think too much about it.  I just thought "Oh yeah that's true.  I will ask What's the opportunity that this is?"

But now I'm thinking that word was more literal for this next season of my life.

I'm at the point in my journey where I'm just recording and writing without thinking it to death.  It will all make sense in the end and all of you will see that this was all from God.

So here I am.
Here I stand
Lord My Life is in your hands
I give myself away!


To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts