I'm Ready: To Stop Lowballing Myself

It has come to my attention through various sources that I do not seem to have a good understanding of my worth and value. I have been lowballing myself for the past several years in every single area of my life INCLUDING the single life.

Last week my eyes were opened to the fact that I have been lowballing and willing to contend for less in my life because I thought I needed to take what I could get.

Lowballing in my Career

I went to a staff meeting this past week for my job because we are being taken over by a luxury chain in the fitness industry.  The COO came to our club and told us we were are a brand that services the upscale zip codes in the United States.  We are on the cutting edge and have the top industry standards.

I stayed at my previous place of employment because I didn't think I was good enough to work at the luxury fitness chains.  I thought I wasn't fit enough, knew enough, or would be good enough that affluent clients would want to work with me.

That was a lie because since I have been at my luxury fitness chain, I have hit my sales goals and consistently have new clients signing up with me. 

Sitting in that staff meeting I KNEW I belonged with the luxury fitness chain.

That was a lesson for me.  Now every time I think I am not good enough to do something in my career, I close my eyes and press send.  I feel the fear and do it anyway.  Just this past week I was featured as the Personal Trainer of the Day for the Personal Trainer Development Center.  When there's an opportunity I am training myself to go for it.

Lowballing in the Single Life

I have written on this blog about how the "boys" don't like me and have never really seemed to like me.  I think I have figured out the problem:  I have been marketing to the WRONG demographic.

I would try to do all I could to get these "boys" to like me.  It seemed like I could never be thin enough, pretty enough, funny enough, quiet enough, whatever for them to like me or want to choose me.
Now a lot of this was my fault because I would get caught up in how they looked and my hormones would take over. Talk about lowballing right there...Just settling for being physically attracted to someone and not thinking I could actually attract the kind of man that I really want.

What Kind of Man do I really want?

Passionate

I want a man who is passionate about what he is called to do.  I want to know what gets him up and out of the bed in the mornings.  What is it that makes him tick?  What is he passionate about?  What lights his fire?

Intellectual

I have to be mentally stimulated and challenged.  I want to be able to discuss life, philosophy, history, theology, and social issues with the man in my life.  I'm always thinking and always trying to attain knowledge.  I would want the man in my life to be the same way.

Convicted and Aware

I learned that I wasn't interested in being with a "company man" last year.  Those are the guys that go along to get along.  They want to be liked by everyone.  They never take a firm stand for anything because they have ZERO convictions.

I want the type of man who has convictions and stands up for them loud and proud.  He has a spine and stands up for what he believes in.  

I simply could not respect a man who was a jellyfish and was willing to play the monkey to keep a job or be popular.

It's also important to me that my partner is aware of what's going on and is socially conscious. I'm not your typical Christian who is insulated in their own little Christian church world.  I'm pro social justice and a staunch feminist/women's rights advocate.  

I never thought I could attract a man that had all these qualities

Now this is stupid because I have done it before and that should have been a wake up call but it wasn't.

I figured I had to go out and market myself to these "boys" and try to make them like me.  It never worked.  I automatically thought that meant I was rejected and not good enough.  That's not what it was.   I think it was several things. 

Protection

I think God has protected me from myself and my lowball choices.  Who KNOWS what would have happened had it worked with some of the people I was willing to lower my standards for?  Thank God for his protecting grace.

Wrong Demographic

I think I have been trying to sell myself to the wrong demographic.  The audience for Pauly Shore movies isn't the same for Shakespeare.  I have been marketing Shakespeare to Pauly Shore fans and then wondering why they don't get why I am so wonderful.

I think I need to be more like the luxury car brands Rolls Royce and Bentley.  They don't have commercials because they don't need to advertise because their brand speaks for itself.

I don't need to advertise

Being Me is GOOD ENOUGH

Over the past week I have seen that being me is good enough.  Actually it is MORE THAN ENOUGH.  I don't need to advertise or convince anyone that I am worth their time.  

The right MAN will be attracted me because he sees my light and can't stay away.  I will not have to DO anything to attract him.  I will just be me and look up and there is the ram in the bush.  

I'm Ready to Stop Lowballing myself

Bob Sorge said that in the time of Delay you begin to contend for more.  Well he has that right because I am contending for more.  I no longer am willing to settle for less because that's all I think I can get.  

I'm ready to stop lowballing myself and contend for top tier in all areas.  I always preach about WORLD CLASS...Well I want a WORLD CLASS career and relationship...not this mess I've been running after all this time.

I'm Ready

To God be the Glory


Comments

Popular Posts