Stop Worrying about the HOW and Just Get Started

I wrote about this on my blog over at Medium but I wanted to talk about this through my faith lenses on this blog.

As people of Faith we must stop worrying about HOW and just get started. 

 I admit that I've been one to try to manipulate my own miracles, breakthroughs, signs, and wonders.  I've been the person who tried to answer her own prayers or (incorrectly) tried to say that this was confirmation of that.

I have been the person so caught up in HOW things were going to happen that I decided to help God along.

I am someone who overanalyzed, reasoned, and thought everything to DEATH.  Literally killed it by overthinking.

It's taken me almost 4 years but I've learned that we just cannot get bogged down in HOW things are going to happen.  Once God gives us our assignment our job is to get moving.  It's not to figure out HOW things are going to happen.

It's not HOW it is going to happen anyway

When you're on God's team, HOW you think it's going to happen isn't how it happens.  If it was going to be the safe and boring way, then why would you need God?  Why do you need faith if you can do it on your own?  

So to get caught up in the HOW is fruitless when you're on God's team because he orchestrates it so that you say the only way this could have happened is because of the Lord.

Our HOW is too limiting

God's ways are higher than our ways.  His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.  He sees the entire picture while we see what we think would be good NOW.

We also limit our HOW to personal experience.  Guess what?  There's more our there than our personal experience.

In my Medium article I discussed that when I started my business I did not know HOW I would get certain things done because my knowledge was limited.  I had no clue HOW certain things would happen because I was operating from my own limited personal experience.  As I got started and got further along on my journey I began to meet people who had much more experience and success than I did and they would show me HOW you get certain things done.  I would have never had answers had I not gotten started.

These people have already walked the road I was walking and have made mistakes along the way.  Now they were teaching others HOW to do it.  (These are people with actual receipts of success).  Being coached and mentored by them has expanded my HOW it will happen because I've learned strategies on how it can get done.  More than that...I know it CAN get done.

Just Get Started

If God has given you a vision or revelation and you're holding back trying to figure out HOW it's all going to happen, then stop right now and just get started.  

The Lord is with you and he shall not fail.

When Ingrid came up to me at Shiloh Church and told me it's time to move forward and that the Lord was with me, I stopped procrastinating.  I typed up my letter of resignation and decided to get started. I didn't need another sermon, another class, another prayer, or another pep talk.  

I needed to get started.

I did not know what I was doing (and still don't) but I was convinced that the Lord was faithful and he would provide all of my needs...so I got started.

Nothing will happen and nothing will change until you get started and once you get started the HOW will start to unravel.

God Shows you More after you get started

When I first started this Sacred Journey 3.5 years ago, I didn't know HOW many of the visions, prophecies, and revelations would come to pass.  I didn't see it....

As we've moved along and I've gotten deeper into the journey, I am starting to see more and more of my vision.  I'm even starting to see pieces come together and understanding why certain pieces were put out to pasture.

I would not have been ready for all this at the beginning or before I started.

There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.  You've got to get started.

I'm scared to get started because I don't know HOW I will make it.

If you have been TRULY commissioned by God, then you must believe that He will provide.  If you don't believe that, then you won't make it.  You'll give up at the first obstacle...so I say if you're too afraid to get started, then either do it afraid or just miss out on God's best for your life.

Here's what is Great about this journey:

Once you get started on the journey, surrender, and begin the process of growth, your faith will ALLOW you to see more of God's provision and HOW he has protected and provided for you.  

hat alone,will show you HOW fruitless it is to try to figure it all out because HOW God makes a way for you?  Craziness.  

Quick example:  One of my gigs has not paid me for a month and a half.  I'm doing fine but I was missing that money but I wasn't worried about.  God will provide.  Well just yesterday I got a random check in the mail that will hold me over until we get that other situation straightened out.


A Word about this Single Journey

I've surrendered that part of my life and allowing God to change my heart of stone.  

If there was ever a part of my life where I don't see HOW it will happen, then it's this one.  I don't see any sort of glimmer of hope.  I've gotten encouragement to hold on and not quit but I don't see HOW this one is going to happen.  The business side...yes I do see that because  the right people and teachers are showing up in my life to help me, and I'm seeing tangible results.

With the single business I will say this:  In 2016 I actually saw where I was the problem.  

Yes I've admitted that before on the blog with how horrible I acted towards that one poor victim but this year, beloved, I've had to take an honest assessment of  my terrible attitude and decide to grow and change.

That Husband Project Deal was an eye opening revelation.  

It's nice to talk a good game about love being all about serving, uplifting, encouraging, and putting time in without expecting anything in return but when I was confronted with the ACTUAL tasks of doing it.  I looked like this.  


Keep in my mind I wasn't even DOING anything.  Just the THOUGHT of doing these tasks  without getting anything in return made me twist my face because I'm too afraid of being taken advantage of. 

That is the WRONG attitude for someone who wants to be married.

To be honest, I've pretty much put it on the altar.  If I do get married, then wonderful.  It's meant to be, anointed by God, and will glorify him.

If I don't, then wonderful.  I will not have married outside of God's will and created an Ishmael family that I resent and will cause drama for years to come.

HOWEVER

I do have faith the size of a mustard seed that I WILL be married and because I believe that, I have started the preparation and process of trying to learn how to be a good wife.  I've opened my mind and my heart to teachings on how to be functional and have a functional marriage.  

I'm willing to admit that I need to do better and that self preservation is an issue.  

That mustard seed faith is what's helping me to get started...I don't know HOW it is going to happen.  I just believe it will happen.

As Bishop Garlington Prophesied last year I believed the word of the Lord in Isaiah 34:16.  One of the things I loved that he said is that the Spirit will gather them (in the Amplified version).  He said We don't gather them.  The Spirit gathers it.  I will leave that job to the Spirit!

Search the book of the Lord,
    and see what he will do.
Not one of these birds and animals will be missing,
    and none will lack a mate,
for the Lord has promised this.
    His Spirit will make it all come true.


A former colleague of mine who is a believer and is divorced opened up about her single struggle this past week.  I quoted Isaiah 34:16 to her and told her it will happen.  This Faith thang isn't just about me!  It's for others as well.

So stop worrying about HOW and Just Get Started

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts