Proverbs 31 OBS Wait and See Week 4: Surrender and Reward

In the Past Few Weeks I accomplished my PUSH Goal for 2016.

A PUSH Goal for me is THE goal that I am going to focus on and devote my energy toward.  It's the goal that will set the stage for all the rest of my goals.

My PUSH Goal for 2016 was to Launch my Online Coaching Platform.

With 10 women in my first Coaching Group of the Month...it was Mission Accomplished.


When I set out to accomplish this goal 2 years ago, it seemed like nothing would ever get off of the ground.

I had this idea of making all this money and doing what everyone else was doing in my industry.

It didn't quite work like that.

I went through some really lean times financially.  Times where I thought I should give up because the amount of money I was making was not very much.

I really did want to quit and thought it was a bad idea.

People even told me they thought I should get a job but I believed that I was supposed to be doing this.

I surrendered my business and my finances to God.  I just told him that I believed he was doing SOMETHING and I was going to continue on.  I would get encouragement to keep going and that helped but seeing God financially provide for me really deepened my trust in Him.

This year I decided to focus all of my efforts into getting online.  It seemed like I would meet people and then I would give their platform a whirl but something wasn't right.  However in those situations I would learn A LOT.  I took what I learned and kept moving forward with my online business.

It all clicked though when I went to the She-Ro Summit held by Caterina Rando in my area.  I was invited by a fellow Mastermind Member because she thought I would really enjoy going.  Now this Thriving Women in Business Community is literally right in my backyard and I had never heard of it.  

After 2 days, I knew that I had found the right coach and the right community.  They are HEART centered while still focusing on making a living for women entrepreneurs.  

I jumped in with the coach for a special VIP Day and after that I was able to get 10 ladies in my coaching group for this month and I know it will only grow from here.

I have programs that I wrote 2 years ago that I will FINALLY get to guide people through.  I am very excited about the opportunity to help MORE women transform their lives.

Had I just jumped right in with my original plans for online coaching I doubt I would have had the systems, processes, and the knowledge to be successful.  I would have just been doing what everyone else does and not standing out and standing apart.

Surrendering to God on the Finances and Business Front HAS been rewarding for me because in the surrender I have learned to trust God more and I have been PREPARED to be successful.


Surrender on the Personal Life

I've surrendered in my personal life as well and I don't have an awesome and amazing testimony to share....yet.

For the past year and a half I have not been excited.  No handsome man has excited me or gotten my energy up.  (Recall the handsome chocolate gentleman from last year who was encouragement) but no there hasn't been any excitement.

I've surrendered.  

I'm not trying to Help God along, manipulate circumstances, or giving up and doing things my way. The risk is not worth it.


What if there is no Reward for this Surrender?


Last week I asked myself:  What if you never get married, never know romantic love, and never have a family?

My answer was:  I have never known any different so at this point I don't necessarily see the value.  I can't miss what I've never known.  I've said it before that I would rather pass on marriage and kids if it means doing it outside of God's will.  

It's simply not worth it to me to create an Ishmael marriage and family.  Doing that will set up strife and mess for years to come.  

I would rather spare other human beings unnecessary pain because of my own selfishness.

I don't believe that being married to someone outside of God's will is much of a reward.  So if being single and not marrying is a part of my surrender, it's a stance I am willing to take.

It's not worth it for me to marry outside of God's Will and have an Ishmael husband and family.


And really after learning that my heart isn't right for marriage anyway after the Husband Project this past summer I don't think marrying me would be much of a reward at this point!  My heart needs to change and I can admit that!

It would be just like the Online Training thing....not being prepared and ready would lead to disaster.


Surrender and Reward





At the end of the day I believe this to be true.  

I think surrendering is hard.  We want what we want when we want it.

We want things to happen NOW but it's to our advantage that we do have to Wait and See.

I believe the rewards of living a life of purpose that glorifies God is FAR more rewarding than a life of material wealth, superficial love, and applause applause applause from a fickle crowd.

That can only happen with a surrendered life.  Sure it won't look like how you thought but there's the fun!  It won't be the same old boring life everyone else is living.  

It's a life of adventure and excitement!

To God be the Glory!


Comments

Popular Posts