Proverbs 31 OBS Week 2: Wait and See The 3 Enemies of The Wait and How I deal with them

Wendy Pope says these are 3 Enemies of our Wait
  • I Told You So
  • Quit
  • Defeat
Anybody who has been waiting for a significant amount of time have come into contact with these 3 Enemies.   If you haven't, then just Wait and See.  It's coming

I Told You So

I told you so should have been combined with, "I knew it wouldn't work.  I made it all up.  I've wasted my time."  Anyone who has started out on a Wait and See Journey has heard "I told you so" from others or maybe you've said these words to yourself.  I know I've said this. "I told you so.  See it was just a set up for disappointment."

Every time there is an obstacle or setback we hear the familiar, "I told you so".

If you've ever followed very successful people, then you know many of them were told: "I told you so" when they had a setback or fail.  The people that make it and become successful are the ones that don't listen to the naysayers and the "I Told You So" folks.

Quit

"I should just quit.  This isn't working.  What a waste of time"

I have felt like this with my business and I have felt like I should just quit and get a real job but I can't.  I am under obligation and conviction of the Spirt to keep going.  It's not easy and I do want to quit but I can't because I think if I quit I will be letting a lot of people down.  Not just the people I want to help in the NOW but also people I haven't met that need my help.

Speaking of people I haven't met yet, that's another reason I can't quit.  I I am being prepared for an assignment and quite frankly if I quit my future family would lose out.  God is entrusting me with the job and I've got to be ready.  I can't quit before I get started.  

Defeat

I don't want to live a defeated life.  

I think this one hits home for me.  I've seen what living a defeated life is like and I don't want that AT ALL.  It's miserable and you are completely unproductive and do nothing but complain.  There's no time for living because you're defeated by everything.  Because of that, I am unwilling to be defeated

Waiting with God's Perspective

This year I learned some things that helped me realize that none of us know what is going on. We think we are waiting for: abc and God is having us wait for xyz.

When I started thinking about it, I said you know what:  I would much rather wait and see what God has planned than me trying to run ahead and figure things out or get miffed about every setback because there is a purpose to the waiting.

I bet 5 years from now I will be able to say:  

"I AM SO GLAD I WAITED AND WAS OBEDIENT TO GOD BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY ANY OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I HAD TRIED TO DO IT ON MY OWN."

We have to keep in mind that God knows the outcome but he also knows how it will all come together.  We may have an idea of the outcome but we don't know how it will all come together and it isn't for us to know.  

God knows what is happening on the other side of the mountain.  We don't.

Make the Wait Effective as Possible


This year I was reminded that God has all of the answers.  I don't and I shouldn't try to figure them out.  Rather than spend my energy on trying to figure things out, I will make my Wait as effective as possible.

  • Build My Business
  • Get my message together to help other women who may be struggling
  • Work on Heart and attitude change since I'm definitely NOT marriage material at this current junction
  • Learn and Grow so I'm ready when it's GO TIME

Seeing the Wait through human eyes is frustrating because it just seems like nothing is happening but seeing it through God's eyes widens your perspective.  All we are doing should be done for God's Glory and when that's the ultimate goal..it makes waiting much more fruitful and bearable.

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts