Synchronicity: Just stand still and Watch

Uh.  Well this weekend certainly was interesting.

I am going to keep the details of what happened to myself at this moment but I will say this.  I believe that this whole weekend was about synchronicity.  I couldn't have made this up if I tried.  Rather than trying to drive myself batty by trying to figure out what it all means, I'm going to follow the Lord's instructions to me after the whole evening ended.

Trust in me with all of your heart.  Don't lean on your own understanding.  Just stand still and watch.  Don't be afraid.  Just stand still and watch, the Lord your God will fight for you.

Well okay then!

I've mentioned that I feel as though I am at the Red Sea or the Jordan and I want to get across to the other side but my intellect and charm aren't enough to do it.  I won't be able to do this on my own.  It's all God and that's fine with me because if this weekend was any indication, the way he does things is way better than my way which ends in flames.


40 Day Prayer Challenge: Wake him up Lord

I'm not surprised all this excitement happened this weekend.  I'm doing the Draw the Prayer Circle Challenge again. Last time I did this challenge, that's when I got that call to move to my new job.  

I would like to share something that I prayed about the other evening.  I follow Heather Lindsey on social media.  She's a young preacher woman doing her thing along with her husband.  I admire her greatly.  Anyway she was talking about how God woke up her "Adam" out of nowhere.  She had passed by her husband at church for 3 years without one word and one day he seemed to wake up out of nowhere.

I approached the Prayer Topic that evening with this idea:  What would I ask God for if I felt like he was really listening to me?  On that topic I said I would pray for a husband that was sent to me and that when God woke him up he would see me.  He would know "That's her.  That's the part of my story that needs to be written".  I not only wanted God to wake him up to recognize me but I also wanted God to wake him up in other parts of his life such as his faith, purpose, and calling.  I asked God to wake this guy up all the way.  

So that's what I asked for.

The Subtleties, The Glimpses, The Moments

Now if you know me, I like LOUD and DRAMATIC.  I like musical numbers, costumes, and monologues, but God doesn't work that way.  He works in the whisper.  

I think I learned that this weekend.  All I know is that something told me to turn my head for that moment and it was gone as fast but it was a moment that contained all moments.  Mark it down.  That's all I have for you at this point.  A moment is enough for God.  

My old habits are dying hard.  I want to press further but at this point, God has told me to Just Stand Still and Watch...so that's what I will do.



Comments

Popular Posts