21 Days of putting Him First: Breakthrough Focus

Over at Shiloh Church in Oakland the church is doing the Daniel Fast for the next 3 weeks.  Due to my athletic endeavors, I won't be joining in but I am doing a fast from unnecessary spending and using the money to give back to The Lord.  That's my sacrifice because I want to prove to The Lord that I am believing him for provision.

So there are things to pray for during this 21 days.  The first day asked us what we were praying for.  What was our breakthrough focus?


Breakthrough Focus


My Breakthrough Focus is to shut up, stand still, not trying to figure it all out, and be obedient to whatever God has on the agenda.   

I even surprised myself with that answer.  Of course there are things that I want to happen but I've decided that it's more important to be in line with what God wants rather than what I want.  Besides if I had gotten everything I wanted, my life would be in shambles at this very moment.

As the song is playing in my ears at this exact moment:  Wait on The Lord!   Wait.  I say on The Lord.  

He has right timing on everything.

Even though I'm trying not to, I keep thinking about this past weekend.  That was a moment that felt like a dream and like I made it up but I know I didn't.  All I keep thinking is: synchronicity, divine appointment, and don't get caught up.  Don't lean on your own understanding.

Even though I am trying to learn not to be one of the people who expects snakes when she asks for break or scorpions for eggs, it's still hard not to expect negativity or disappointment but those who hope in The Lord will not be disappointed.

Obedience unlocks breakthrough:  I'm  Ready. 

Comments

Popular Posts