21 Day Breakthrough: It's all about HIM!

I am fasting from social media this weekend in order to focus, tune out distractions, and listen to where the Lord is leading me.

My Life is Right Now and it's MORE than enough


So I've gotten some pretty good insights and one of the things that I have really come to realize is that in this season God is teaching me that it's all about HIM!  Despite all I've learned in this past year, I've been treating success, money, and even relationships as idols.  I've thought "Well if I only had those things I would be a lot better off."  That isn't true.  My life will not begin once I have more money and I am in a relationship.  My life is right now.

In this season of not spending money unnecessarily, God has provided for all of my needs.  In fact, as much as I've complained about the lack of financial stability when I looked at my accounting software, I exceeded the amounts that I projected for my income this month. No it's not the number MY FLESH would like to see but it was more than I believed I was going to earn.

I believe that God is showing me clearly that I do not need a fancy job, title, or paycheck to be somebody and make my life wonderful.  No, He's the reason my life should be wonderful and if I don't think I can be happy UNTIL I have those things then I will be looking to those things to always make me happy.  And as we know with money, success, and things it is never enough.  You always want more.  God is teaching me to be happy with ENOUGH.  In fact it was MORE THAN ENOUGH as he showed.

Developing the Skill Set


And as far as relationships...well I got several insights on that as well.

Today I was thinking today that I don't even make enough money to have a real social life and I was starting to get angry about that, but then I started thinking about it:  I'm pursuing a goal of competing in fitness competition and that is not only expensive but requires a lot of focus, dedication, and time.  What would I be doing if I had this "booming" social life.  Probably going out to eat, going out to places trying to convince myself that I'm having a good time, and taking time away from that main goal.  Many of my friends who are fitness competitors don't have booming social lives either.  You're either too busy trying to prepare everything, too tired, or don't want to waste time and money eating/drinking things that will take you away from your goals.  I recently read an article where they profiled some fitness competitors.  In the article, they talked about how the women involved in fitness competitions are very focused like CEO's and the only bars they frequent on weekends involve weight plates.  That just about sums it up!

Besides that, I am developing the skills of discipline, delayed gratification, sacrifice, and tenacity.  Some people have asked why I don't give up.  It's only been one year but people want to know why I don't quit since it hasn't happened yet.  That thinking right there is why most people never make it to the palace.  Something doesn't happen yesterday and they are ready to quit because it is taking too long.

That is no way to be.

Just Stand Still and Watch


When it comes to my Adam, I am fully expectant that it will happen and the way God designed it but I can't fall into that trap of thinking that my life will begin once Adam gets his orders.  No my life is already going on and this guy isn't supposed to fill voids and emptiness.  He can't do it anyway...only God can.  I believe that God is teaching me to develop my relationship with Him as much as possible before adding another person to the mix.  I won't be dropping the Lord for a husband which is what many people do and when things start going south, then they run back to God.

I fully believe the Lord will deliver me if I just stand still and watch rather than looking around, trying to figure it out, and piece it together.  That is just wasting time when I could be seeking God and learning what I'm supposed to be doing.

Don't Be Afraid...Just Stand Still and Watch

Great time already and there's more to come which I will be sharing.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts