21 Days of Putting Him First: Wake Up Adam and Just stand Still and Stay Calm

This has been a wonderful time with God during this past week.  It's almost like I'm talking, He's listening, and then He shows me what He is talking about.

During this time as I've mentioned God has been impressing on my spirit about waking up Adam.  I've prayed about that and on our assigned reading this week was the Creation Story.  Of course that includes the story of Adam and the creation of woman.  My eyes were opened to several components of the story that I had never noticed before and it gave me more insight to what waking up Adam means.


This is it! At Last

Genesis 2:18

 And the Lord God said, “It isn’t good for man to be alone; I will make a companion for him, a helper suited to his needs.” 1

Genesis 2:20-21

But still there was no proper helper for the man. 21 Then the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep, and took one of his ribs and closed up the place from which he had removed it,

Genesis 2:23 (The Living Bible)

“This is it!” Adam exclaimed. “She is part of my own bone and flesh! 

Genesis 2:21-23 (New Living Translation)

 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the LordGod took out one of the man’s ribs[d] and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.
“At last!” the man exclaimed “This one is bone from my bone and flesh from my flesh!

Just stand still and stay Calm

I read this and began to understand that when I asked God to wake up my Adam, I am asking to be someone's helper so that I can help make him great.  Last year during the Limitless life study Pastor Derwin asked, "What if the greatest thing you did was to make someone else great?"  That's what I said I wanted the mission to be.

This doesn't mean that my whole calling and purpose is swept by the wayside.  Certainly not.  It just means that this will be another component of my purpose is to show people what waking up an Adam looks like and why you should wait for that moment.

I've told God that I want it to be so clear that I am IT.  I want him to say those same things Adam said.  This is it!  At last!  This is the one...I've been asleep all this time but my eyes were opened when I saw her.  I recognized her and I know who she is.

Right?  This is such a drastic change.

Now with this insight I cannot DO anything to make it happen.  I cannot manipulate this situation no matter how much I may want to.  All I can do is position myself and let God prepare me.  We were asked to give our scriptures for this time and I received the ones I have been quoting to myself since this weekend. Proverbs 3:5-6 and Exodus 14:13.  They are in my prayer journal and I say them aloud several times a day to myself.

As much as I want to question, try to figure it out, and run ahead...these scriptures remind me to JUST STAND STILL and STAY CALM.  The Lord will rescue me when it comes to Adam, my bank account, my career, and what he has on my agenda.

God is amazing and I am thankful to be in his presence.


To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts