21 Day Fast: Don't Quit!! Let's Move Forward

Sunday Worship Experience:  There's a stirring and we bow down

I didn't write this past Sunday because my heart was still overflowing from our Sunday morning worship experience.  At one point during Praise and Worship, the entire congregation fell on their knees like dominoes in worship.  I don't even know who started it but the next thing you knew people were all on their knees in worship and leaving it before The Lord in worship.  

It reminds me of that song from Cademon's Call....There's a stirring.

There's a Stirring Deep Within Me
Could it Be my time has come
Is he calling me?  
I will rise up!  Rise up!
Then Bow Down...and lay my crown 
At his wounded feet

The Sermon was awesome.  It was about not regressing to what we had in our previous season and also clinging to truth and rejecting worldly conventional wisdom for truth.

There were several prophetic words that went forth about not quitting and letting go of these past experiences that have held us back.

It was a really awesome time over at Shiloh Church


Embracing my role as a Prophetess and my assignments

I will admit that when I started realizing that's who I am, I thought "Well that may make me seem like a weirdo but it's the truth."  I have the gift of prophecy and during this preparation season I am not only developing it but learning to trust this gift.

I have a notebook that will be used as RECEIPTS and VALIDATED that the stuff in there was true.  There's no way that stuff could have happened unless I was led by the spirit of God.  

I will be honest in that I am ready for a new job.  I am ready to make a decent salary, have benefits, and live like an adult but I will also realize that my current circumstances are a perfect training ground.  I could spend time complaining but I've chosen to go a different route

  • I will trust God for provision financially.  I believe I will make enough money to cover my expenses and that when the time is right, God will open doors for me to get a new job.
  • I can be a source of encouragement and not division at work.  While other people are busy complaining, grumbling, and getting frustrated...I can spend that energy encouraging others, speaking words of encouragement, and providing an example of what a leader looks like

My goal is to let my life doing the talking and God gets all the credit.


Hold On! Don't Quit!  God's on Your Side!

I will admit after Sunday,  Monday was a little tough.  There was all that energy and then the next day felt like a letdown.  I also feel like we had some glimmers of hope and now it's all quiet.  But as I was listening to Aunt Joyce this past week, I realized that was completely normal.  God always gives us glimpses and glances to give us hope that what he told us wasn't made up so hold on and don't quit.

Listening to Aunt Joyce on her podcast this week about not quitting, I was so encouraged by her teaching.  It is a truth that most people don't make it out of the pit and into the palace because on the journey to the palace, they give up and quit.  We quit because it seems too long, the end is nowhere in sight, and it's too big of a hassle.  May as well just settle at some town before we get to the palace.  It's good enough and besides that the journey will take too long.  This is good enough.

No I don't want good enough.

I want the palace God has called me to.  Even if it takes longer to get there, it will be well worth it.  So many times we forget that it is the process where you learn the skills to hold on to your end goal.  This process is where you learn discipline, confidence, and you also learn who God is and what He's all about.  Most people never get these skills so  not only do they miss out on their blessing but they also miss out on valuable skills that will help them navigate their way through life and relationsjops.

Just looking at my blog posts from last year, I can see what this year of prep has done for my perspective and also my standard and expectation level.

So I keep telling myself:  Hold on! Don't Quit!  God's on your side!  I also have a song for that.

Let's Move Forward

Well this week concludes this 21 day fasting period but I'm going all the way to April with the not spending money deal.  

This weekend I will be taking off from social media and use the time to pray, study (need to finish one and then I'm starting a new one with Online Bible Study), and listen to what God says about moving forward in this year of victory.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts