Supernatural September: Fuzzy Trees, I recognize it...but now I'm ready to see it.

The best way to describe where I am on my journey is that things are fuzzy.  It's like I see something, it's on the tip of my tongue, but I don't see the etnire thing just yet.  There's no clarity.  Over these past few weeks SOMETHING has happened for sure.

It's more than just being delivered from lustful superficial pursuits and it's more than just recognizing that I deserve MORE in life but actually beginning to recognizing the glimpses of what can be if I allow God to lead and direct the show.

Earlier this week I posted on social media about how I not only saw it...but I recognized it.

After today's prophetic declaration, I think I had it backwards.  I recognize it but I haven't yet SEEN the entire picture.

Mark 8:24

Pastor Patrick said today that for many of us the last season of our lives it was much like the blind man and Jesus in this story

Well that nails it.  That's EXACTLY it.  It's like I Recognize it.  The pieces are there and it's like fuzzy trees walking around but I can't really SEE it.

In this season God will open my eyes SO THAT I can see it all so clearly. (Have I got this declaration thing down or what?)

But yes that's the word from The Lord and one that I Receive and understand.

 We aren't wasting this whole wilderness experience

Well we know from my wilderness experience earlier this year that God revealed the envy, bitterness, competition, and comparison that was in my hard.  All the results of pride.

Last night while reading the Fire of Delayed Answers, Bob Sorge used the story of King Hezekiah to teach about how after we have been delivered from our wilderness experience, God will test us to see how pure our gold is.   King HEzekiah failed this test of course by bragging about all that he had.  I started thinking that I would probably be like King Hezekiah when my deliverance comes.  I can see myself running around bragging and boasting about what I have now after waiting all of this time because I am so fabulous.

That is a waste of the wilderness experience

Instead I asked God last night to root out the envy, jealousy, competition, and comparison that is in my heart that would motivate this type of behavior.  In my flesh I want to prove people wrong and gloat, but that was not the point of the wilderness experience.  It is to give God glory because I believed and to show what happens when you risk it.

Well of course in today's sermon Pastor Patrick shared with us DEuteronomy 8:1-3

The point:  God allowed hunger SO THAT we may KNOW that we do not live by bread alone or on our own strength but by the word of God

See?

So that's the whole thing right there...the wilderness was NOT so I could wander, complain, and then when deliverance comes brag and bosast about how great I am.

The entire experience was to teach me full dependence on God and to let him direct traffic instead of doing it on my own.

To sum it up:  I am NOT wasting my wilderness experience and I am ready to chuck the envy, jealousy, and bitterness out the door.  My blessings are because of the grace of God and not because I am so awesome and fabulous.  That's pride...and definitely the way to fail the test.


Supernatural September

I believe God is going to open my eyes
I believe I am not only going to recognize it but I am going to SEE this whole thing play out
I believe that God will blow my mind in ways that I could have never imagined
I believe that He will show me that it was not by force, not by might, not in my own strength BUT by his spirit.  
I believe tis suprenatural move of God will be fruitful
I believe God will be glorified



To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts