Live from Saint Louis, MO: Out of the Bubble!

Greetings!

I'm here live in Saint Louis, Missouri for the Love Life Women's Conference put on by Joyce Meyer Ministries.

It's no secret I'm a big fan of Joyce Meyer for several reasons

1. She's a female preacher/teacher
2. She doesn't have a centeralized Church but instead does ministry worldwide
3. She's established the St. Louis Dream Center an inner city ministry that helps other
4. She's transparent about her past and struggles as a woman of faith
5.  Her teachings aren't feel good but instead practical life application 

Growing up I taught it was a sin for women to teach and preach.  Women could teach and preach to other women, but not to men.  Meanwhile anyone with male anatomy was qualified to teach and lead even if they did not study or know anything.

Needless to say this was a big part of the reason I rejected their teachings.

Anyway not to get going on that tangent, but Joyce Meyer was one of the first teachers I found when I decided to start studying God's word.  I want to get to what I'm talking about, but first I feel like I need to put it out there.

Joyce Meyer isn't some kind of feel good, doesn't know the word, and take all your money televangelist.  She's just not.  I've been studying with her for years and I've been to a live conference in my area as well.  I did not leave that conference feeling good.  I felt convicted and like I knew God needed to do some serious work in my life.  

As far as not knowing the word, I have listened to preachers who do not know the word and it's easy to spot.  Those people do not have any kind of message.  What they have is hollering, screaming, or talking loud ABOUT the word, but there's no message.  There is no life application and no conviction to do better.

Her books and podcasts are not to take people's money but they are worth every penny.  That book Battlefield of the Mind changed my life and I still study it to this day.  Taking your money are these cat daddy preachers screaming and hollering about nothing and telling you to send them money to get your prayers answered or be a good Christian.  Let's not even get into these clowns who mislead and steal money from the trusting elder saints.  


Out of the Bubble

Getting back on topic...I'm out of my bubble. I needed to get out of San Francisco for a while and listening to what God has next for me.  I'm so excited to be here for this women's empowerment conference.

 I believe God has a message for me here at this conference.  I'm on the cusp of a new season and I'm seeing so much but a lot of it doesn't make sense to me.  It's fuzzy like men walking around like trees but there's no clarity.

Already on my first day here I sense God showing me there's so much work to be done.  There's so much that I need my people to be doing.  There are so many hurting and despondent people.  

They need hope
They need love
They need power

It isn't going to come from the traditional way we've done church.  That is done.  The hierarchal overly churched culture is ineffective and on the way out.  The majority of those places are too inwardly focused and focused on preserving traditions and doing church the way they did in the 1960's.  They are unwilling to face the realities of social justice, poverty, inequality, and hopelessness.  They want to focus on their church programs so they aren't tuned into what's really going on.

I believe that we're going to follow the model of what Joyce Meyer ministires has done.  Not have a centralized church but going around helping, teaching, and empowering people and then those people collectively form groups and do the same thing on a smaller scale.

I want to make sure to record what's going on here because it's just another milestone and stop on this Sacred Journey.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts