Week 7 A Confident Heart Online Bible Study: Why Worry: Give Thanks instead

Lately I have been making assumptions, jumping to conclusions, and driving myself  crazy with worry and anxiety.  Doubt has been whispering all sorts of worries to me:  I worry that I have made everything up and now I'm just making foolish declarations and setting myself up for a DEVASTATING blow.

This chapter "When Doubt whispers I can't stop worrying" could not have come at a better time


Philippians 4:6

Be Anxious for Nothing

The Apostle Paul tells us not to be anxious for anything.  I realize that anxiety stems from unbelief.  Deep down I really don't believe God is going to come through for me and leave me with egg on my face.  I also realize that my need for control leads me to try to figure out how things are going to happen and go through all of the worst case scenarios so that I am prepared when the other shoe drops.

This is ridiculous.  Jesus said it best in Matthew 6:27
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

No, my worries just sap the life and energy out of me.  


Instead Pray about Everything.  Tell God what you need.

I've been praying about my unbelief and doubts.  As you recall, in my prayer times I've made some bold statements.  Now comes the hard part. I have to stand on these prayers of faith.  What's even harder is the way it works with God is that you have to believe without seeing or knowing the How.  This is a hard test for me, but I'm determined to ride this out.

I told God I need more grace and more strength.  In His word he says that his grace is sufficient and that he will give more and more strength.  He really has delivered on this because I honestly don't know how I got to this point from begging/complaining "prayers" to making bold statements and then standing on them.  I also don't know how I'm not spending my days drawing up contingency plans.

God knows I need encouragement and teachings to fill up on during this time and He has provided our awesome Proverbs 31 Bible Study and I've also been listening to podcasts of some of my favorite teachers/preachers.  They are teaching on anxiety, complaining, radical faith, and what to do when God says No.  I've been so filled by their positive teachings and scriptures that I'm able to keep on keeping on.

Thank Him for all he has done

After listening to the message "STOP COMPLAINING", I decided to write out a list of everything I was thankful for.  

1. I am thankful have a home to live in, food, and a wonderful career.

2. I am thankful for all of this time to get to know God on an intimate basis.  I am also thankful for this time of learning his word and filling up on good teaching.  I think this is moving the needle toward some big moves in my life.

3. I am thankful to no longer have to endure legalistic teachings and religion.

4.  I am thankful I am still single (For Real) because I haven't married outside of God's will which is a blessing.  I am thankful that there has FINALLY been revelation in this area of my life and now I know it is going to happen.  I just don't know HOW.  I'm also thankful that God is doing it His way and not leaving me to make a mess out of things.

5.  I am thankful that I've learned about the blessing of Obedience in 2013.  Obedience unlocks understanding, progress, and even love.

6.  I am thankful it is ALL in God's hands - All my problems, concerns, and issues are in God's hands.  I don't have to figure it all out and try to take control of the situation.

7.  I am thankful everything has not been perfect and I'm getting a chance to learn what I need to in order to progress to the next level.   We don't learn as much when things are going well.   They learn when things are challenging.  I've learned so much in 6 months.

8.  I am thankful that I have a family.  Many people are not so lucky I am also thankful that nearly everyone is still alive.  Some probably should not be, but God is good.  I am also thankful that some relationships have received divine healing and restoration.  

9.  I am thankful to be fit and healthy.  If you would have asked anyone 20 years ago if I would be living the life I am now, they would have given you a NO.  I would have given the first NO.  It's a miracle I am not an episode of Hoarders.   I was thinking about one of my big goals for 2014 and I can't even believe it is something I would even consider doing!  

10.  I am thankful for obedience, boldness, and willing to risk it all for a bold testimony IN JESUS NAME.  This is it.  I've laid all my cards on the table and I'm willing to risk it all in order to shut doubt up and trust God.

Then you will experience God's peace which is more than anyone can understand.

AMEN.

To God be the Glory

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your boldness, God's Word and your gratitude. It is inspiring and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts