Thank You Ana Marquez-Green: Love Wins




Like most of America I was deeply hurt and disturbed about last year's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  I found myself drawn to the coverage and I didn't feel much like getting into the Christmas spirit. 

I spent my time thinking about those poor families who sent their kids to school one Friday Morning and ended up having to pick out caskets and burial plots. I thought about the little chairs that would be empty at Christmas dinner, all of the homes that would no longer have children laughing and giddy with excitement, and worst of all the family members that were left behind.

I just could not imagine the horror those little 6 and 7 year olds went through as they were shot to death in their classrooms.  The only comfort I saw was that after that moment of unspeakable horror and evil, they ran right into Jesus' arms and now they are safe for all eternity.

I wanted to learn more about those children that perished that day because their deaths were not going to be in vain.  Their purpose on earth had been fulfilled and I wanted to know what it was that their lives were supposed to teach us.  I learned about children who liked to sing at the top of their lungs, wear gel in their hair, and gave great hugs.

Love Wins

Ana Marquez Greene

I am so grateful their parents were willing and even composed enough to share about their children. I couldn't even imagine. The parents of Ana Marquez-Greene talked about how Ana always used to say that Love Wins.  

I was floored.

If we think about that statement, that sums up the gospel.  No matter what happens, what evil tries to do, and what we face throughout life:  Love wins.

Jesus died on the cross, but was resurrected with all power because God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that we may have everlasting life.  Love won on the cross for all eternity.  

Ana and her family are believers, but I could not BELIEVE a 6 year old would come up with something THAT profound.  How did she know this?  Clearly God put her here to teach us that message. 

On Facebook her parents run a page and before my hiatus from facebook, whenever her parents would post a memory or thought I would post because  I wanted her parents to know how their daughter's life made an IMPACT on me.

Run to Win


The Apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:24 :
In a race everyone runs, but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win.

In this life we do not know if the race we are running is a sprint or a marathon.  Ana's race was a sprint.  Sadly many people do not get to the end of their lives and accomplish their purpose or mission.  She did in 6 short years.  She taught many of us a powerful lesson: Love Wins.

Well done Ana:  You ran your race and you won.  Someday I hope to meet you in glory and share with you how much you made an IMPACT on those who were left behind.  You were right.

Love wins

God Wins.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts