Week 6- A Confident Heart OBS: What would you do?

Today in church we were treated to an awesome spoken word artist.  She ministered to us through her gift of poetry and interpretation.


During her spoken word piece, I thought about how lately I've been feeling that I am wasting my time in certain areas of my life. 

It's crazy. I listen to people who are really effective and actually making an impact with what they do and they sound completely different than those faking the funk and who are ruled by fear.  At first I thought I was off base, but then I was listening to Dave Ramsey and he basically confirmed what I've been observing.  

Those that are ruled by fear fake the funk to make it really look like they are doing something.  They conjure up "emergencies" and yell about them  In the words of the Godfather of Soul James Brown, "They talk loud and say nothing".

Those that are TRULY making an impact don't need to talk loud.  They can point to the receipts.  Changed lives are their receipts.  They also don't need to fake the funk because people can already smell what they are cooking. 

Anyway after listening to her, I was thinking about how I could be doing so much more with the gifts God has given me. How many more lives I could impact. Last night I began to dream about what I would do in 2014 if I could not fail.

Allow me to dream for a moment:  If I could not fail, I would...

Be part of a world class team/group

I love People.  I love Fitness.  I love helping people discover themselves through fitness.  Just this past weekend I ran into a former client who has completely changed her life.  I had my hand over my mouth listening to the adventures she is having!  I couldn't believe it!!!  I was so excited for her.  

I would love to be a part of a world class team/group who is just as passionate about people/fitness as I am.  Every day I want to get better in my life and I would love to be part of a group that feels the same way.  We are all trying to get better and learn from one another.

I would love to stay in the fitness/health field because that's what I really love to do and there are so many people who believe in IMPACT and being WORLD CLASS. They are making a BIG difference in their communities. I want to be a part of that mission as well.

Become an Empowerment Teacher/Speaker 

One of the gifts I have been given is motivating and affirming people. I would like to speak to people about living an effective life.  I would especially like to target poor women of color.  We are a forgotten group.

I would speak to the general public using my Christian principles and then I would also like to talk to those in the body of Christ from a theological perspective.  One of the main reasons I like my fellowship is that they really support women evangelists.  I can really see myself teaching Bible study and preaching the gospel to people.


Lead Praise and Worship

I can sing, but I've never used this gift.  I've led Group Fitness Classes for nearly 10 years and I see myself using the skills I've learned in leading people in exercise to worship the Lord.  I think it would be kinda cool.  

I would be up there "Come on y'all...you can't quit!  Give God some praise...you can do better than that!  DEVIL YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!!!! Stomp on the Devil with your shoulders back and your abs bracing the spine!"

Seriously though, being a praise and worship leader isn't just about how you sound or motivating the crowd to give God some crowd.  It is about leading God's people into his presence and setting the atmosphere.  Since getting more into my word, I've really begun to understand many of the songs we sing and what an awesome responsibility it is.


Write Books/Be on TV

My college degree is in Television Production.  I've always wanted to be involved in productions of some kind.  I would love to write books about being your best physically, spiritually, emotionally, relationally, etc.  I would also like to get on TV and spread my message.

So many of these experts on TV don't have a clue.  They are the blind leading the blind.  Single people who have never been married teaching single folks how to be married, Health Gurus who promise you to lose 30 pounds in five minutes.  They probably went to that weekend seminar where you learn to be an expert.

Be Married/Have a Family

I'm sure this is a surprise...

In any case I would love to be married to a man who loves God more than me, wants more of God in his life, wants to build a purpose driven life together, supports my ambition, allows me to affirm and give him love.

He doesn't need to be perfect. In fact, last year God already said he was going to be the counter of everything I thought my husband was going to be.  This year I am learning more about what that means.  Remember this one word: Restoration. 

I also want to have a dog and children.  It needs to be in that order because I need to practice my mothering skills on the dog.

30 DAYS LEFT

It's Dec. 1.  That means I have 30 days before 2014 is here.  I've already begun to dream about what I want to happen next year and then I will begin narrowing it down into specific goals which I will spend time praying and consulting God's word about.

I believe that many of these on the list are going to come to fruition in the next year.  I need to put action behind the faith.

God put these desires into my heart and I believe that they are there for a reason.  It is up to me to take action!

This Bible Study is called A Confident Heart:  This is what it will take to make these dreams a reality!
I hope to look back on this blog and see these things have been fulfilled. I believe they will be...for His Glory.


To God be The Glory


Comments

Popular Posts