Psalms 126: A word from the Lord

As I mentioned earlier on the Blog, my faith community's theme for this year is: 
It's harvest Time: No Limits, No Boundaries

This morning during my Read the Bible Program, we got to Psalms 126.  This Psalm is a celebration for those who returned to Jerusalem after the exile to Babylon.  What really caught my attention were verses 5 and 6

When the Lord brought back his exiles to Jerusalem,[a]
    it was like a dream!
We were filled with laughter,
    and we sang for joy.
And the other nations said,
    “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.”
Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us!
    What joy!

Restore our fortunes, Lord,
    as streams renew the desert.
Those who plant in tears
    will harvest with shouts of joy.
They weep as they go to plant their seed,
    but they sing as they return with the harvest.
 

 Return from exile

Much like the Israelites, I have felt like I was in exile for about a year.  When I first gave my life to Christ 4 years ago, the first year was exciting as things started changing.  

Then about 2 years in, I started going off course because I felt like maybe there was another way since nothing was happening the way I wanted to on this new path.  I did the same thing as the children of Israel.  I teamed up with unbelievers, I started thinking the things of this world would fill me, and I began to abandon my new found habits like Bible study and devotions.

God let me go and I stopped hearing from him and I soon realized the things I thought would fill me were empty.

I got back on track in 2012 and started to hear from God again and then of course we know that I rededicated myself fully on June 30, 2013.

Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. 

Since I'm not one of those perfect Christians, I will just go ahead and say it: When I started sowing seeds of faith, it wasn't easy.  I cried and thought to myself "Oh well nothing will probably happen again."  As time goes on and deliverance is coming little by little, it's starting to get exciting.  

I'm beginning to see small plants develop.  It isn't the harvest just yet, but I'm beginning to see some plants sprout.

They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.

I was weeping as I went to plant my seeds.  I was disappointed in myself, disappointed that I let God down, and disappointed I was back at ground zero.

In the Book of Nehemiah, The Bible says that once Jerusalem was rebuilt the people were overcome with joy and could be heard far away.

Well let me say that when I return with my harvest, you will be able to hear me far away as I sing at the top of my lungs.  I've already started trying to find out where you can buy tambourines!! 

 In all seriousness when God gives me a word like this, I will repeat it to myself over and over again so I stay encouraged instead of going off track.

It's harvest time, no limits no boundaries.

To God be the Glory.

 
 





Comments

Popular Posts