A Word from the Lord: Proverbs 14:26 CONFIDENCE

I'm still marinating on the word that went forth yesterday.  As was my prayer yesterday morning, this word is going to bear fruit for YEARS to come, but one point I didn't touch on yesterday and is relevant to my current Bible study was that Fear of the Lord will give us STRONG confidence.

When she said that I was DONE.

Proverbs 14:26(MSG)
The Fear-of-God builds up confidence,
    and makes a world safe for your children.

I'm currently in the midst of a Bible study entitled: A Confident Heart.  One thing I have already learned early on is that I am not going to be confident on my own.  

Self Confidence is just a fable
I just can't cause I'm not able
I'm gonna leave it to the Lord

There I go singing again, but honestly I'm beginning to see that all of the times that I claim to be confident in my own strength and abilities is a farce.  

The second I run the risk of rejection, all my confidence goes right out of the window and I withdraw and freeze.  As I revealed on the blog, rejection is a stronghold for me.  I tell myself I'm better off not trying than run the risk of rejection.

All lies.

This week's Bible Study blog = risk/vulnerability


At this point, I have more to gain than I have to lose, so this week I'm challenging myself to face rejection....even if it doesn't happen right away.  

When I got the blog topics for my Bible study this week: I cringed and groaned because I knew instantly what I was supposed to share, but  of course I tried to talk myself out of it.

Sidenote:  Why is it that when God tells some folks to do stuff it is always stuff they want to do?  He never tells me to do things that I want to do.  He ALWAYS tells me to do what I don't want to do.

And because I fear the Lord, I'm going to share what I'm supposed to on the blog this week for my Bible Study.  I'm more afraid of what will happen if I'm disobedient and not rising to the challenges that are being set before me than my ego at this point.

Besides in the NKJV of this word the Bible says,

In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence,
And His children will have a place of refuge.

So this means that matter what, I can be confident in the Lord my God and run to him for safety.

To God be the Glory,
Amen

Comments

Popular Posts