Been There Done that! A True Blessing!!!

I participated in the last Online Bible study, What happens when women say Yes to God.

It was truly RIGHT ON TIME, but isn't He ALWAYS right on time????

During that study I realized a lot of what I was experiencing in my life was NOT made up.  This is really happening and God really is moving and I need to say Yes when he asks me to move right along with Him.

In order for me to truly receive what God has for me, I needed to say YES to being all in with my ACTIONS.  It wasn't enough to declare that I was all in...there needed to be some steps of faith cementing that Yes. 

I even gave up facebook/social media for the rest of the year y'all.
.

The Bible study really challenged us to not only study God's word, but to be DOERS of the word and put practical application behind that Yes.  

I said Yes to so many things because of that Bible study.  Some have had immediate benefits and others are still "simmering".

My favorite moment was looking back after 6 weeks and seeing all of the small changes each week that amounted to significant progress at the end of the study.

Here we are with another RIGHT ON TIME study.  

I realize that since God is bringing me into a new season the enemy has all of his tricks lined up to discourage and frighten me from taking action so that God is NOT glorified.  


I have news for Satan:  he isn't winning.

Satan has used the stronghold of doubt and fear over my life for as long as I can remember.  Since giving my life to Christ 5 years ago this area has gotten MUCH better, but I still hear his voice in my ears telling me that I am not good enough,   I don't deserve it,  and worst of all his whispers that strike fear into me.

Not just any type of fear.  Paralyzing fear.

Paralyzing fear that keeps me from even trying because:
  •  what if it flops? 
  • what if I'm wrong?  
  • what if it fails? 
  •  what if I end up like what I've always feared?
Well ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  I'm ready to get started on this Bible study and see what God has to say and what He will do!

Next stop on this Sacred Journey:  A Confident Heart


Comments

  1. "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" was a great study. Love that you were able to see how God has been working in your life and pursuing you! Glad to have you going on this journey with the rest of us Jesus sisters. P.S. Way to go with giving up Facebook/social media for the rest of the year. I gave up FB for Lent a few years ago. It was hard at first, but after awhile, I didn't miss it. :-) Lori K, OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for his perfect timing! I'll continue to hold you up in prayer, particularly in this area of area. I know that God will strengthen you and grow a CONFIDENT HEART in you! Blessings and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Geneva! Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting everyone. I am excited, nervous, and expectant about what God is going to do in these next 8 weeks. Judging by the way things have been going, it is going to be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts