All the Single People! Now Put your Lists UP!

I really don't want to turn this blog into the Trials and Tribulations of being a single believer, but this is the season I'm in now on, "This Sacred Journey". 

I'm not interested in society's ideas about dating, relationships, and marriage.  Most of those ideas are negative, miserable, and chasing emptiness.  Just a note: I'm no longer taking advice (advice that was mostly unsolicited) from people who are NOT bearing fruit in their relationships.  These folks kill me because they have nothing positive to say and then are steady trying to tell you what you should do.

 I say it all the time but single folks need to stop taking advice from these "relationship experts".  How many of those people are in functioning and successful relationships?  I'll wait.  What kills me is many of them are not married, never have been married, and probably attended a weekend seminar about how to be an expert and sell anything to people.

BTW that really exists.  I couldn't believe it.  You sign up for a weekend course and learn how to market yourself as an expert so people will buy your training courses, dvd's, and books.  I promptly unsubscribed from that foolery.  We've got the blind leading the blind so no wonder everyone is falling into a ditch!


4th Quarter:  LET'S FINISH IT

It's the 4th Quarter in the business world.  I work in the fitness industry and we're focusing on positioning and preparing to have a successful Q4, but what we are really doing is preparing for Q1 which is our busiest and craziest time of year.  (My fitness blog will be back in January...so get ready!)

Here we go with being vulnerable and running the risk of looking foolish, but I'm gonna say it: 

I'm in the 4th Quarter of my Single Journey.  

Now of course as we all know and as my Mother reminds me on a weekly basis I have ZERO prospects, but the work God is doing in me all points in the direction of going into a new season.

In the 4th quarter of this journey and in the 4th Quarter of this year, God has once again called me to pray for this man that exists, but who I don't have a clue about.  I did this in August for my birthday month and I was surprised that I did not get depressed and discouraged. In fact the opposite happened.  I was excited and encouraged because I know my prayers are not going to be in vain.

So for these final 90 days of 2013, I have committed to praying for my life partner

How will I know?  THE LIST

If you're single, you know all about THE LIST.  It's everything you want in a spouse.  As I mature, I make a new one every 2 years.  Last night during Life Partner prayer time, I decided to make another list but this time base it on what I was praying for in these 90 days. 

I called it the How Will I know (Don't trust a feeling) List because these are things that I have prayed for. How I will know this guy is IT is because he has what is on the list.  There will be no confusion or me trying to fit a square peg in a round hole because he is bald, has a goatee, and has an amazing physique.

I have to also say that unlike past lists, physical attributes are NOT making it on to the list.  I've seen "the physical attributes I like in a man" list in human form, and it was just a complete mess.  I would have done ANYTHING to make that one work and the stuff I said was shameful.  My behavior was pretty bad....so lesson learned.  

In fact, I have one thing on the list which I believe will cement the deal of knowing that this is RIGHT. I'm not sharing it publicly, but just know that I have it starred and circled. 

Write your list and put your list up!

My list is all about the character of my husband and if God decides to be merciful and bless me with one of his BEAUTIFUL creations then He has done exceedingly and abundantly more than we can think or imagine.  Ephesians 3:20.  In all seriousness though, I'm no longer looking at the temporal and superficial traits like I was before.  Traits such as:
  • Career/Status/Title
  • Educational Background (How many Degrees)
  • Money (Earning potential)
  • Material Items (Cars/Homes/Clothes)
  • Physical (This just did not end well)
I believe that God will be supply me with what I REALLY need and He knows what those needs are.

I think all single people should have a list of what they desire in a future partner.  You should have a vision of what your marriage will look like.  What is your vision for your family life?  How will your marriage bless others and make an impact?

These are the things that I've been praying and meditating on.  I KNOW I have a purpose and calling on my life, so that means I can't marry someone who isn't going anywhere in his life and has no vision of where he wants to be.

I'm writing my list and each day I'm offering it up to the Lord for his blessing and for him to work on my husband.  

During this time I was also convicted to start praying for myself that I will BE what I desire in a husband.  I'm praying that I will be the type of wife he needs.

So folks this may be crazy to you and you may think "Well what's the point?" I'm telling you this...in order for crazy stuff to happen, you have to be willing to be crazy yourself!

The preacher said it right:  LET'S GO CRAZY!




Comments

Popular Posts