Level Up: We're going to the Next Level

Lately life has felt like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

All of these weird things are happening and it is a lot of craziness in a good way.  It isn't bad...It's just different.  

It's different from anything I've experienced before which is promising because I want a different outcome this time.

The importance of connection

All I could think about in this last week was how intensely grateful I am for connection.  It's a crazy thing to say but I am so glad that I do not have to experience this era of my life alone.  It's nuts that I did not realize how starved I was for authentic community with people who share my same values and my same belief system.  

It has been a RELIEF to be able to share with others about my struggles, secret thoughts about doubt, and to watch our stories unfold as God begins his revelation process.

It was an incredible testimony to the importance of community and true  fellowship. 

Another incredible event that happened is that I attended a Memorial Service for the family member of people who I was very close to in my old religion.  I believe that was a testimony for connection and also healing for me. I also wasn't surprised that they are back on the radar.  I definitely want them to be apart of this next chapter of my life.

Not everyone is meant to travel with you throughout life but some people are.  I'm in a phase right now where I'm looking for lifelong relationships.  I don't just mean in the romantic sense.  I mean lifelong friendships that become familial.  

I don't believe you can go to the Next Level alone.  You must have people helping to lift you up to that next level.

We're going to the Next Level

On Sunday October 21, 2018 We had a guest speaker at Shiloh named Frank Damazio.

One word:  Wow.

He didn't scream, shout, or dance around the stage.  In fact he sat in a chair and taught for about 30 minutes but that 30 minutes was rich in the prophetic and added to my growing belief that Shiloh Church is the epicenter of the Twilight Zone.

Pastor Frank taught that if we're going to the Next Level, we have to do several things
  • Break Out
  • Let Go
  • Step Up
  • Allow things to unfold at God's pace and timing (He said that One of God's names is Jehovah Slow. LOL)
On that last point I would have to agree.  He also said that one of God's names is Jehovah Sneaky.  No argument from me there either.

Part of His text was from Revelation 4:1-2

Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.

 After this.   I love that song that says There will be glory after this.  

If you want to go to the next level...

Then whatever you think that you are going to do at that next level you have to do it now.  

Eating psychology expert Geneen Roth says that as well.  People always want to wait until they lose weight before they begin to live.  Geneen teaches that women can have what they want now and they don't need to lose weight in order to have it.  

As Geneen pointed out, those are the 60 year old women at her workshops who are waiting to lose weight and then realize life has passed them by because they kept waiting.

When it comes to spiritual issues we say:  When God blesses me with more money, then I will give it away to the poor.  If you can't make financial sacrifices now, then what makes you think you'll do it when you have more money and more expenses?  You won't!  

In my own specific case, I look at it as "Well when I get x,y,z then I'll have enough faith to do what God has called me to do."  

No I won't


One of the reasons I'm not moving now is because I'm afraid I'm wrong and I've made it all up.  

Well what do I think will happen when I need bigger faith because the risks are bigger, I don't know what I am doing, and I am believing for more provision?  

What will happen when I really have to stand firm and contend for what I know is right?

The answer is that if I don't learn to do it now, then I certainly won't be fit and ready to do it when I move up to the next level




We are going to the Next Level

It's a "We" thing.  It's not just me.  

"Every new level requires a new you" - Frank Amazio.  
He then gave out a few phrases from scripture about people who were going to the next level that landed prophetically for me.

Without knowing where he (Abraham) was going.....(Hebrews 11:8)

A few weeks ago when I said, "Here we are send us" I said I'll go even though I don't know where I'm going and what I'm going to.

Soooooo yeah.

One of the other phrases was Isaiah 43:18

“Forget the former things;    do not dwell on the past. (NIV)
“But forget all that—    it is nothing compared to what I am going to do."

Hmmmm...That spoke to me because part of the stronghold for me is that I'm thinking this is yet another false alarm, I'll be disappointed, I'll blow it and we'll be back to square one but God said

Forget all that...it's nothing compared to what I am going to do.  

The word goes on to say:  

For I am about to do something new.
    See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?I will make a pathway through the wilderness.    I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

AMEN!!  I am ready to LEVEL UP!!!



Comments

Popular Posts