Level Up: Open your eyes

Over the Past Few Months this same story from the Old testament keeps coming up over and over again.  Whether it's in Bible Study, Sunday Service,  or Booksthat  I'm reading this story comes up. It came up yet again in the Cleansing Streams Class.


15 When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha.16 “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” 17 Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

While I was in the class I wrote in my journal:  That doggone Elisha story AGAIN!! What is this about??!!

So then I figured well maybe I should pray this same prayer.  

The Sermon the next day by El Pastor Javier was:  Beyond WITH EYES WIDE OPEN


Shiloh is the Twilight Zone

I've already decided that Shiloh is full of weirdos (which I fully endorse because if people are weird that means they feel comfortable enough to show up and be themselves)

I am now convinced Shiloh Church is the Twilight Zone.  

Like in the Twilight Zone when you show up to Shiloh weird stuff starts to happen.  You show up with your agenda and then stuff starts getting strange.  None of it makes sense in the natural but it makes perfect sense in the spiritual.  Of course the best part of the Twilight Zone is that the stories always have a twist to them.  

That is Shiloh in a nutshell.

Pastor Javier said his wife  Melinda married him because she did not want to marry a pastor and he didn't want to be a Pastor.

Well look at how that turned out for them.  They got bamboozled and I feel the same way.

I went to Shiloh only wanting to show up, sing, listen to the teaching, be there for the revival services when it came, and then go home.  I wasn't about to be apart of a church or get involved in anyway.

Now I am in the Pathways class Cleansing Streams and I am in the Freedom Ministry Life Group.  Grow Track starts next Month and I've also decided to do something I've wanted to do for years but kinda buried it away:  Join the Worship Team (if they'll have me)

Shiloh also is a place of supernatural occurrences and case studies of the surreal.

I say this because in the past 7 month since I started to get suspicious about all of these synchronous events that I've experienced,  I've had to throw my intellectualism and reasoning out of the window.  It doesn't make sense because it makes perfect sense.

To try and make sense of it all makes no sense at all.

When the Sermon was about Beyond: Open Your Eyes on Sunday, I was pretty much through.


I'll also say this:

My Eyes have already been Opened
Now I just watch in awe 
As My Story Unfolds
I will Remain Confident In This
I will see the Goodness of the Lord






Comments

Popular Posts