Level Up: A different type of commitment

That freaking Cleansing Streams Class I tell you! Gets more and more exciting every week!  It was also good to know that I wasn't the only one who was in the Twilight Zone last week.  My other friend said similar.

This week we talked about Committing it All to God.  What does that look like?  What holds us back?

I know what holds me back:  F-E-A-R.

I'm afraid that God won't give me what I want and that I will somehow get cheated out of the deal.  This makes NO sense because the Lord is consistently proving himself faithful and giving me what I need.

I'm also afraid I'll "miss out" in some way.  What if this won't be as good as that?  If it's from God, then I know it will be good.

Speaking of which...this week I've been throwing doubts out about what it is that I truly desire.  

I've told myself that maybe I'm just making it all up, this isn't really happening, this isn't really what I want, and on and on.

That's why I like Timehop App.  It reminds me of what I said years ago and confirms I am not making it all up and this is truly what I want.  This came up for me this week.


Committing and Contending

I said I needed to step up my contending effort and enthusiasm.  My efforts and enthusiasm were at a 4.  I think we're at about a 7 now.

This Contending business is manifesting itself in different ways.

This year I have made the most money  I've ever made in my career but I feel a different urge to step it up because I need to make room.  This means paying off debts and saving money...so I'm signing up for extra Front Desk shifts at the gym where I teach to accelerate my financial goals.  I'm also getting new clients left and right.

If I want a family, then I will need to do what I need to do in order to put us in a better financial position before they even get here.  I don't want to be a financial burden to a husband and I certainly don't want to be a financially irresponsible Mama.  I want to keep being an entrepreneur and doing my own thing and I also want financial freedom.

Breaking down Pride

Pride was one of the obstacles we talked about in Cleansing Streams this past week.  

I think admitting that I could use the extra hours at the Front Desk of the gym was an exercise of breaking down my pride.  

Before I would have thought, "Oh I shouldn't do that...I am past that," but the way my finances are working out No I am not.  I need to do what I need to do to accomplish my goals.  I am not too good to work at the front desk.

I will do what I need to do in order to be where I need to be.

I'm also breaking down pride when it comes to worship.  I've moved up front at church (as of last week) to worship because I am serious about this.  Quite a few of my cleansing streams classmates are up there now....even the kind of shy and quiet people.  Gotta step the game up!!

Comments

Popular Posts