Level Up: BE CONSISTENT

The Middle is the hardest part of every journey.  After the initial excitement of starting, then we have the middle.  The middle is the part where there are glimpses of progress but there is also the day to day work that's neither glamorous or exciting.

The middle is the part where most people get distracted, get off track, and it's the place where you're most likely to give up.

That is why God told Pastor Javier to preach a sermon on Sunday about the need to be consistent.  Yep.  Gave solid examples from history and real life and reminded us to dig in our heels and remain committed to doing what we're doing.

The people of Shiloh know something spectacular is about to happen straight outta heaven.  A move of God is on the way but we won't be ready for it if we're not training for it now.

That was one of Pastor Javier's main points yesterday:  Live in the Now and Not the Next.  



I am DEFINITELY guilty of this.  I'm always ready to be onto the next one and onto the next thing.  I'm always ready to get to the next level before I've completed the work I'm doing NOW.

"Oh but you gone learn today sister". - God

Another Amazing Freedom Ministry Meeting

This healing night at Shiloh Church felt a little different for me.  For one thing I feel as if I am on the right track.  I'm in action on everything that God has shown me to do.

The danger for me at this moment is to get distracted and then get discouraged because it seems like things aren't happening the way I thought they should and not fast enough.  I am in the middle.  Past the start and initial excitement but so far from any big milestone.


So when it came time for our Individual Prayer I asked for prayer to:


  • Be Consistent and stay on track
  • Get Rid of Distractions
Amazing prayer warriors who spoke so much truth into my life.  One of the declarations I received was to say:  "I FINISH EVERYTHING I START"  and to repeat it all the time.  So so good.  

We also prayed against lack and that God would meet EVERY need.  EVERY NEED.  EVERYTHING HE KNOWS THAT I NEED.

There's more but these are the things I want to share right now.

Bold Prediction

While sitting in the meditative worship space I wrote a bold prediction down in my journal.  

One year from now my life will look radically different (in a good way of course)

I just have to believe that every seed that's being sown and every thing that I am doing is all for a harvest in due season.  If you don't plant when you're supposed to, then you won't have food when you need it.  

If I want a harvest that honors God, then that means planting seeds that honors God.  Right now that means Planting the seeds of:
  • Faithfulness
  • Consistency (even when it seems pointless)
  • Doing the Ground Work
  • Being obedient to God
  • Trusting His Plans are better than my own

Be Consistent

That is the message right now to me in this season.  I even thought of skipping the Freedom Ministry because ehhhh...I have to go back over the bridge, maybe it's not doing anything, maybe I'm becoming fanatical, and on and on.

I made a commitment to myself to attend every Freedom Ministry meeting up until the end of the year so that's one area of consistency.

I'm also committed to my Cleansing Streams class and committing to what they ask us to do whether it's to talk about painful and upsetting topics and to get honest with myself about certain things in my relationship with God.

I'm also committed to my studying.  I refuse to teach the gospel of fluff so I'm committed to learning more.

I'm committed to connecting with other people.  

These are the areas I'm working to be consistent about and these are the areas that I believe are going to help me level up.

Too funny that this came up in my memories today.  So shall it be!!


Comments

Popular Posts