Genesis: Protecting my Time and I don't know what happens next

In the next season of your life, many people will be offended at how aggressively you must defend your time and space. Being too accessible to the wrong people and wrong things will cost you your focus and drain you psychologically. You owe NO apologies for deepening your concentration. Let them be offended, they will be fine. 
- Matthew L. Stevenson, All Nations Worship Assembly

Y'all.



This is all I got to say about that.

He is spot on (as usual) and he's reading my mail.  I have felt so convicted to MAKE ROOM, LET STUFF GO, and see what is next.

As I told my mastermind group, this is the first time in a looooong time where I don't know what's next.

By that I mean I have my Live Training Business, My Online Coaching Business, and I thought this year I was going to focus on producing Live Events as well but the Lord was like...

"Nah.  Not right now.  That's going to happen but that's not where I need you right now.  I also need you to let some stuff go because it is taking up too much time and financial room in your life.  It's not going to get you where you need to be.  You're filling schedule with good.  I need you to fill it with something great."

OK.  Gotcha.  So I don't know what's next.  I've been focused on using this time to clean stuff up, organize, and study for this next season.

I heard so much bad preaching and teaching over the years that the thought of teaching the Bible makes me so nervous.  I get so worried and afraid that I'll be horrible and that I can't do it.  So when that happens I say, "Girl you better get to studying." 

It doesn't help that Shiloh Church has a high caliber of teachers.  I look at them and think:  "I don't know nearly enough.  I better get cracking. "  They must have high standards and I would never want to disrespect the legacy of a woman preacher pioneer like  Pastor Violet Kiteley by getting up half stepping.

Now i say all this and I'm not even a member of Shiloh...yet. 

I will be soon.  For heaven's sake I wrote a whole big declaration about how I believed me, my husband, and children were all called to Shiloh Church to leave a legacy as well.  

God will provide

How about another testimony....

Last week a creditor called and wanted to know if I could start making payments on a bill.  At first I thought, "How is this going to work?" but then I reminded myself that GOD WILL PROVIDE.

It was due this week and God provided down to the cent.  Didn't even have to touch the savings.

Here's what I've come to learn in this past few months:  God will provide.

I made my financial mistakes getting my priorities out of alignment.  It won't happen again and this is all par for the course.  

I keep saying this but when Pastor Nina preached that lesson about parting ways with Lot, I just didn't see this one coming.  However now I realize that if I am going to get to where I need to be, I need to let some stuff that was good for a season go.  It's not going to help me get to where I need to go and I'm holding myself back by spending too much time on it.

In this season we're cleaning up, we're making room, and we are getting life into alignment.

As I said I don't know what's next for me career wise although I've got some ideas brewing which is how it always starts.  Right now I'm focused on nurturing what I do have.

Personal life wise we're on delay is all I know.  I read a great quote this week:

"Instead of focusing on What if it doesn't work out. I'm focused on what it will take to get there." - Mary Barra, CEO General Motors
This is how I feel.  Instead of waiting for impending doom, I'm focused on the "Lord Make Me Different" prayer.  That's the important part!








Comments

Popular Posts