Genesis: Let Freedom Reign!

Oh my.

I needed a few days to calm down and digest my experience this past weekend.  I was so wound up Sunday evening that I could barely sleep and I woke up at 3:22 a.m. Monday knowing I had to teach a class at 6 a.m.  Didn't seem to matter since I was ON FIRE during that class.

I was so fired up.  when I came home I was so ready to watch the Hunger Games but I had to get up early so I didn't.

This was my Monday Mood.

So what happened??!!

I don't know yet but it sure was exciting

A night of Healing

Well of course you know this story involves Shiloh Church.

They started this thing called A night of Healing.  I wasn't sure what it was about but it sounded like something I needed to go to.  I believe Revival is imminent and prayer is at the center of every revival but not only that I need emotional healing.  Of course I need to be healed about my negative attitude and outlook on relationships.  That's a very sore spot and negativity has taken up residence for too long.


Let's start at Peets

Since I live across the bridge in SF, I decided to stay in Oakland for the afternoon.  I had Siri find me a local Peets.  (Super close to church which is awesome)  Anyway I had a lovely chat with a 
creative gentleman and he helped open my mind to some marketing materials.

After he left, I ran into Brother Richard (the man who told me I wasn't going to die an old maid.)  I went and told him how much he helped me.  I also informed him he would be part of my story.

Excitement Central

I showed up to the event very religious and Sanctimonious.  We are here to receive healing and be serious.


Right.

So I have to say the event was right on time and extremely well run.  It was extremely organized and flowed really well.

We had a nice little lesson and then the great part...you went into the sanctuary where you could stretch out, people were painting, I pulled out my journal, and people were singing worship music.  It was AWESOME.

I went from Religious and Sanctimonious to




I did something I have never done before
I shut up
I sat down
I was still
I was peaceful

Prayers at the Right Time by the Right People

Then it was time for individualized prayers and I went inside and got the two best people ever!  A married couple named Eric and Lori!!  They were just so awesome.  They even told me how they met.  They were best friends and then as she said, "he opened his eyes!"

They didn't know it but this was part of my vision.  This is what I see happening for me and my husband.  Serving in ministry together.  Men and women need to work together and team up.  It's especially important in church.  

Anyway I told them they are my new favorites!!  Eric was fist pumping as I left saying, "Geneva you got this" YAY!!  

They were the right people to pray a prayer of deliverance about negative attitudes about relationships/marriage...cause this right here is the vision on the tablet.


And most importantly a legacy built to glorify God

The running theme of the evening

Yeah.  So much for sanctimonious and religious.


You shall not be put to shame

In the meditation space of the evening, the Lord put these scriptures on my heart.  I remembered this one from way back at the beginning of This Sacred Journey

Isaiah 49:23 (Romans 10:11)
Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."
Psalms 25:3 (NIV)
No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
Those who believe in God will not be disgraced nor will they be put to shame. 
I will not be put to shame nor disgraced.
I believe GOD will give me a good and beautiful gift for my life that is along the best pathway for my life.

Even though I have learned my lesson about trying to put pieces together, running ahead, and making up my own version of events....I asked the Lord to make me different and he has because in this sphere of my life I have never in my life sat down, shut up, and went still.  Not one word but completely still and at peace.

Soooo....what's next:

I also put down on my paper that I wanted to know what was next since I had let a bunch of stuff go.  After attending the Healing night, I think it's obvious what my next steps are.  The next meeting is in September.  

I also asked for prayer regarding my finances.  I'm doing Michelle Singletary's 21 Day Financial Fast which has helped more scales to fall from my eyes and how I'm not being financially responsible right now.  I don't need anymore clothes, makeup , or business development classes/programs right now.   What I need to do is pay my bills off and save money.

That's what my next

The odds are in my favor because I am fighting FROM victory.  I shall not be disgraced nor put to shame.

Comments

Popular Posts