Genesis: Make room, let it go, Look Forward, and sing a new song

Back in the Spring Pastor Nina talked about parting ways with Lot.  It was a great lesson and my initial Lots to part with were pointless crushes and my negative outlooks about relationships and also some bitterness that has festered.

During the Daniel Fast I got a nagging feeling about something I should let go of.  It was taking up too much room financially and time wise.  Then right after the Daniel Fast it was revealed in such a clear way that it was time to let it go for good.

I did start to let it go but not all the way.  This past week I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to let it go altogether.  

I can't explain it to you but I know it's time to let it go and look forward.  I can't move like I need to if I'm tethered to something that is not taking me where I need to be.  

Whatever you are doing may be all right for a season but God will let you know when it's time to move on.  


Make Room

For the past year I've been hearing, "Make Room".  I made room physically last summer (LOL)  This year I'm making room financially and also when it comes to my schedule because the best way to miss out on something great is to fill your schedule with something good.

I believe my trip to IDEA World (the largest convention in my industry) helped to make this even more clear.  I've got a mission and I've got a message when it comes to Health and Fitness.  Therefore I need to be doing activities that propel me forward in that arena.  Filling up my schedule to run around doing activities that aren't taking me where I need to be is not wise.  It's not wise financially and it's not wise as far as my career is concerned.

I need to make room for what is GREAT and not just GOOD.

I don't even know what I'm making room for!

Let it Go

Sometimes it is hard to let things go because we aren't sure what is next.  That is how I feel.  I knew I need to let certain activities go but I'm not sure of what is going to take its place.  I started to think: "Maybe I need to be doing more....planning this and planning that" to take its place but that's not where I am.  

I let it go and I'm preparing for what's next.  I don't even know what that is but I knew that I won't get there if I insisted on holding on to what I had.

Seeing it all Clearly

I mentioned that I got some clarity after the Daniel Fast on what had been nagging me and I feel like it keeps on being revealed.  It's almost like the scales fell off of my eyes and suddenly I saw it all clearly.  

I am thankful to God and the leading of the Holy Spirit that revealed it all to me....I think that was part of the Lord Make Me different prayer.  I asked for more discernment and I sure did get it!

Let it Go takes obedience

The few days last week when it started getting louder and louder for me to let certain things go, I just couldn't get peace until I finally did it.

I can't explain it to you but I knew it was the right thing.  I knew this was an act of obedience because I could not and would not get peace until it was done.

When God tells you to let something go it is an act of obedience and yes...delayed obedience is not obedience.  It's disobedience.

One thing I know for sure is that being disobedient to God causes more problems than it is worth!

We are Looking Forward 

To what?  

Truthfully I don't know.

I mean there is this 


But as of now it is unclear if we are on the delay part of the journey or this is just encouragement for you to Hold On....Help is on the Way.

Career wise I am looking forward because I know what I was doing was "good" but it wasn't "great" and it wasn't going to give me the results I was looking for.

I also made a declaration that: El-Shaddai aka Yahweh, aka Jehovah Jireh, aka The Lord is the chairman of the Board of my business.  Nobody else gets more say in what I do than Him.  One of the biggest mistakes I made financially was not prioritizing and I think that will be avoided in the future if the Chairman of the Board has the final say on financial matters.

Since installing him as Chairman of the board, June revenues were up 160% over June 2017.  No lie.  

So I think that was a good move.

Time to Sing a new Song

Pastor Javier  of Shiloh Church said that It was time to a new song!  

It seemed last week that my new song was SOULED OUT.

I've SOULED out and I couldn't be more glad.

It's the Genesis season.  It's the formation and creation of something new and exciting.  We've got to get rid of all of the Unnecessary to make room.  

God brings things into ready environments. - Pastor Patrick Kiteley
I'm getting it ready!!

Comments

Popular Posts