Proverbs 31 OBS I am Loved: Week 5 - Walk in Victory



God is so good

Every morning and every evening I record 3 things I am grateful for.

The past few weeks I've said over and over again that I am so grateful for not being trapped.  I did not settle for the lies that the enemy tried to get me to believe.  I did not stay trapped in legalistic teaching but instead have a real relationship with God.  I am thankful that I do not live the life that I had always feared.  Trapped, not doing what I am supposed to, settling, and allowing to fear.

I am an overcomer

When it comes to some of these unanswered prayers and situations that don't look to be victorious AT ALL...I know the life I COULD be living and I know the reason I am not living my fears?  

Only God.  I chose FAITH and not FEAR.

Birthing elephants over chickens


Choosing faith means choosing the harder road.  It means not chasing the surface level but willing to put in work and effort to sow seeds for harvests that take a longer time to see fruit.

I think about what Bishop Joseph Garlington said a few years ago

A chicken takes a few weeks to procreate...an elephant 22 months (or something like that)   Same process but an elephant is much bigger than a chicken! What do you want?

This past weekend I was reminded about how I was in the building for someone's first major victory nearly 4 years ago...and now this person is at the top of his game and as he says, "I'm patient.  I don't want too much too soon.  I'm not an overnight success.  If I have to wait 5 years for my ultimate goal, then I'll wait.  I don't want to be a falling star"  I love that!

Overcoming  obstacles has helped me to build my confidence, raise my standards, and work on developing myself.

Why am I in this room?

This past week my client invited me to a gathering on International Women's Day to discuss navigating current social issues.  She is a top lawyer in her field and this gathering was mostly attorneys.  As I networked and listened to these extremely accomplished women on the panel speak I thought, "Why am I in this room?"

  Pastor Javier often says he finds himself in rooms with people and he thinks, "How did I get here?"  He figures God wanted him there for a reason.  That is how I feel as well.  I believe it's God opening my mind to new possibilities and also to remind me I can hang anywhere.

I want to be leader and voice for women and I have to get over myself and my insecurities about not being enough or who am I to think that I can speak to accomplished people.  Each time I do something like this networking event, my confidence grows....  

When I was in my teen years and in my early 20's, I thought I would be a 500 pound person on Hoarders and that's why I desperately wanted to escape San Francisco.  But here I am in my 30's hanging out with movers and shakers of top companies like Salesforce, Bank of America, and superior court judges.

Walking in Victory and Confidence

1 John 5:14-15

14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

This scripture encouraged me big time this week.  During the 40 Day Prayer Challenge, there is a day called Prayer Fleece.  I don't like Prayer Fleece's because I don't trust myself. I overthink and I tend to project what I think on to the prayer fleece.  

The way I see it if it's truly from God and in His Will it will be plain as day.  It was like that when it was time to quit my jobs and when I signed up with Caterina my business coach.  

I totally have confidence that God hears me when it comes to certain parts of my life but I'm sure you can guess which part of my life I have not as much confidence in....but that's changing little by little.  The key phrase in the above scripture is anything that pleases him.  I've been guilty of asking what pleases me.  I am so glad that I didn't get those things. I would have been destroyed.

So I am CONFIDENT that at the appointed time God will give me what I need and also what I asked for which is really someone who loves God (with action), lives on mission and purpose, has integrity, and is a faithful husband and father.  If he looks good in a smedium sweater, then that's a bonus.


Victory In Jesus

The best part of leaving legalistic church is that I KNOW that I will be victorious and God will love me even when I inevitably mess up.  There's no need to be perfect!!

There is VICTORY and LIFE in JESUS!!





Comments

Popular Posts