Draw the Circle Prayer Challenge Lent 2018 Week 6: Fasting From TV

Sigh.

Mark Batterson has a chapter called Double Circle.  The idea is to double circle your prayers with fasting.  Mark mentioned a media fast.  I thought:  "Well I don't really think there's anything I need to fast from" and I was ready to skip right over that section.

Then I thought: "Well you could fast from TV and especially all of your television shows".




This was my initial reaction

What am I going to do without How to Get Away with Murder and Madame Secretary? We are getting closer to the Season Finales!! I have to see what happens!! 

The more I thought about it, the more I became convicted that I needed to give up my TV shows for the duration of this prayer challenge.

Then I thought:  Well what am I going to do with all of this time?????  Sigh....I thought about ordering a new book but I decided to do something I did years ago which is to read through the gospels before Resurrection Sunday.  I also decided to read the story of the Exodus since it is my favorite story.

This has already been a more productive week since I cut out the TV.  I don't even consider myself a TV junkie but as I contemplated life without my TV shows, I kept thinking:  "I don't want to do this." so I believe that means I needed to do it.


Prayer Request

One of my specific prayer requests is to pay a bill off before April 7.  I've decided to stop worrying about HOW and do my part in making it happen.  As I kept trying to figure it out, I thought..."Dude it's not even that much.  Why am I acting like God can't provide 1K.  In my scarcity mindset I was thinking there's just not enough! I can't!!"  I can't but God can!

Comments

Popular Posts