Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study: The Husband Project Do nothing out of Selfish Ambition....

Alright so here we go!  The First Week of the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study:  The Husband Project.

This study is NOT about how to find a Husband.  It's about doing projects for your husband over a 3 week period. If you've been following me, then NOPE I haven't gotten married yet but I think it's important to learn what it takes to have a fruitful and loving marriage.

Many people SAY they want to be married but they want the position with no mission.  I don't want that.  I don't know how to be a great wife or what a healthy marriage looks like, so like with everything else I'm going to take a class and try to learn at least some of what you're supposed to do. 

I truly am ignorant when it comes to personal relationships.  I've already learned something and I just watched the preparation video!!  

It is important to men that their wives keep their reputations up. That means no bashing on social media and no bashing him to others.  That is one of my biggest pet peeves...watching spouses put each other down on social media.  Always good to be mindful of such actions.


Scripture of the Week - Philippians 2:3

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Here's the NLT VersionDon’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.

As you know, I have learned in my journey not to do things from selfish ambition.  For many of my single friends, their quest for marriage is all about selfish ambition:  They want to be married for the title, for the service, to have someone help them pay their bills, or rescue them from whatever.  All selfish reasons and not about the other person.

It's pretty cool to see lessons that I have learned in Refiner's Fire University coming up during this project.  It just lets me know that I am on the right track with my growth and development!

Really excited to dig into this and learn from other women about how to have a healthy marriage!

Comments

Popular Posts