Proverbs 31 OBS: The Husband Project...Prep Week and I see I have a long way to go...



So I love Plans and all of that jazz but I love plans when they pertain to me and what I want to do with my life.  I don't really think about plans when it comes to other people because as an adult I've been focused on looking out for myself because if I don't do it, then it won't get done...so I've been focused on myself.  Thinking and planning for someone else...hasn't been on my radar.  

That has been the overarching lesson of this Prep Week.  I have a long way to go.

As I read through these first chapters, I had one thought:

This sure seems like a lot of work.  I don't know if I would do this if I was actually married.

I realized I have a pretty bad perspective on what serving as a wife would actually look like because in addition to thinking that this was too much work and I don't know if I would do it if I was married, I also thought:  What is in it for the wife?  She does all these nice things and what would she get out of it?  Most likely the husband wouldn't even care.  She is doing all this work and getting nothing out of it.

Um this is the wrong attitude.  
The PURPOSE of this project is to Bless The Husbands
Not to Bless Yourself and get rewarded with the 
Applause Applause Applause

I never saw a husband that appreciated his wife doing things because she wanted to be a blessing to her husband...or even wives that had this attitude.  I saw plenty of women bashing their husbands and the husbands who got to the point where they were apathetic, turned off, and looking elsewhere.

This is all so new to me and I'm glad that I am aware of my own perspectives so that I can change and develop them into something less selfish and more conducive to a healthy relationship.

I do think a lot of this goes back to people looking to relationships for salvation and validation.  If you're already leading a fulfilling life, then you can focus on serving rather than having someone stroking your ego.

As I said this is just the Prep Week and I already learned so much.  Stay tuned....

Comments

Popular Posts