Fall Push 2019 Acceleration: Digging in my Heels

My Theme this week is: Digging in My Heels.

I woke up on Monday full of energy and gratitude.  

I thanked God for new opportunities, new and awesome people in my life, and on and on.

I looked at our Prayer Points for the week and all my gratitude and thankfulness went right on out of the window.  

I began to roll my eyes and sigh.  I even thought about how I could miss church this week because I'm tired of thinking about marriage and families.

I'm especially tired of:
  • Not having even ONE decent prospect to get excited about
  • Hoping for at least a possibility but not even a cloud
  • Counterfeits
  • Nonsense and Foolishness 
I'm just tired.  
I don't want to talk about it anymore.  
I don't want to think about it anymore.  
I don't want to pray about it anymore.  
Wake me up when it happens and we will talk.

Not going to be devoured

I'm doing a word study from the Bible Study I recently completed and I decided to break down 1 Peter 5:8

Now right before this Peter says that we are to cast our anxieties on God because he cares for us.  Then Peter goes on to say.

Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:8

The devil knows I am tired, frustrated, and now is a perfect opportunity for him to devour (swallow me and my future up)

Well I am digging in my heels and I am not going to be devoured.

I am not going to be devoured and I am not going to be distracted

I've recently gotten curious about deliverance ministry and when one of the leaders of the Freedom Ministry at my church talked to me about joining...I showed up.

More than one person has told me that I should let up on the church activities because I'm not going to meet anyone there.

There is a kernel of truth in that because unless there's a ram in the bush that God is waiting to reveal it's just not happening.

These people aren't saying this because they are malicious but as they have said they want me to have a nice life and this time investment in what I am doing is costing me valuable time. Don't think I haven't thought that...because I am not meeting anyone even remotely interesting.

I've even thought "Wow I shouldn't have dropped out of church because it looks like these smart ladies snapped up all of the excellent candidates."

I did laugh at an Instagram Post where they said Church hopping to meet someone is not trusting God because someone had suggested that I start visiting around to find more promising prospects. I've thought of that too because that post is right....you don't grow if you're not planted anywhere.

All of this is true to a certain extent but that's how Satan works. There is always a kernel of truth in his schemes.

All of this is nothing more than distractions. I really believe that I have to get things in alignment with the Kingdom business first. Anything else is out of order. This is the most important thing. I've already gotten in action and I know that is my first priority and it will bear tremendous fruit.

Digging in My Heels and I won't Back down

My anthem this week is that old Tom Petty Song, "I won't back down."
That's how I Feel. Even though I am tired of marriage and families, I am not going to back down from God's promises.

I still think part of the issue is that I expected to slide on in and everything to fall into place. Why on earth would I even think that would happen?

I saw this post on Facebook and it made so much sense. It gave me some intense comfort. I don't believe anything worth having is going to come easy and I certainly believe if God is in it, then there will be spiritual warfare involved....the Devil doesn't care otherwise.




Rest

Our church is doing a dedicated 10 Day Time of Prayer. I tried to fast but 2 days in my iron levels got low and I nearly passed out 3 times at my afternoon job. I ended up having to take the next day off from work. Man I'm even going through it physically!

I even turned down the intensity of my workouts and I'm resting and doing Yoga. My body needs the rest.

I have been so worked up and wound up these last few weeks that I'm tired. I need the rest and the reset. One of the things that had me worked up is that I haven't been allowed to have the last word or say my peace. I've vented to some of my friends but I've said nothing otherwise.

This is hard for several reasons:

  • because I want to be RIGHT. (Pride)
  • I want people to see how wrong they are (Pride/Self Righteousness)
  • I want to move on to the Promise because I'm tired of waiting for something exciting to happen (Impatience/Control)
So you see I understand that I am going through this to be refined.

Several Scriptures have come to mind these past few days as I've resolved to dig in my heels:

Proverbs 16:25

There is a way that appears to be right,    but in the end it leads to death.
We think we're going the right way but in the end it will lead to our demise.  NO THANK YOU.

Pastor Joshua Symonette of National Community Church preached an Amazing Word that I'll probably talk more about next week but his scripture text was:

Proverbs 3:5-8
Trust in the Lord with all your heart    and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him,    and he will make your paths straight.[a 
]Do not be wise in your own eyes;    fear the Lord and shun evil.This will bring health to your body    and nourishment to your bones. 

Solomon Nailed it and I am keeping all of this in mind as I dig in my heels, stand firm, and Won't back down from the Word of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts