40 Day Birthday Fast Challenge: Well that went left


When we put it all the table with the Lord  then we can’t guarantee the outcome -Dr Nina Baratiak, Shiloh Church

One of the problems that I have is that when things don't turn out the way I think they will and how I think they should, I am  disappointed and become disillusioned.

That would have been the case if I had reduced the 40 Day Fast to one of the things I was circling. 

What I thought would happen  didn't happen.  In fact the very OPPOSITE of what I was circling happened.  I wasn't disappointed.  In fact I was quite amused about the situation.

What did end up happening was far more important and exciting than what I was circling.

Some of my biggest wins were:
  • Joining the Prayer Perimeter as a Facilitator with Sister Lori
  • Declaring that I wanted in on the Revival
  • Understanding that it was time to MOVE and it was time to Go
  • Witnessing real life miracles
Here were some of the insights that God gave during this time of Prayer and Fasting


August 14, 2019: You have a work for me and you want to prepare me for it. That’s what this 40 days was about.

August 15,2019: Eliminate all doubt God.
What would take a year will happen in these next 3-4 months

Getting over myself

“You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.” ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I think this fast was a fabulous test of learning to get over myself.  
I had to get over what I thought was going to happen and what I thought it all meant.  

If I had kept on with my ridiculous and myopic goals, then I would have surely been disappointed and missed everything.

So this was a FANTASTIC lesson in getting over myself and chasing my desires.

I am anxious to do the will of God even it's scary and I feel like  a fish out of water.

I was invited to participate in a class with none other than the amazing Pastor Patrick Kiteley.  I was so honored to be in the room and to be able to learn from him.  When I attended Sunday evening service where he was ministering, he said he had the opportunity to spend time with some young preachers.

I looked up like "Young Preacher?" 

I suppose that I am a young preacher.  I stand on the incredible shoulders of All of the amazing women that blazed the trail before me like Pastor Patrick's grandmother Dr Violet Kiteley, Rev Leora Overall from Shiloh Church, Aimee Semple McPherson, and I am sure there are more that I will learn about sooner or later.

What is happening is nothing short of amazing.  All of these pent up dreams and all of these things that had been spoken and shelved are coming to light.

This is a season of Acceleration as Pastor Patrick confirmed. 
I am going ALL THE WAY IN.

One of the things that I was firm about was that God would have to promote me. I didn't want to get by on gifts and talents by doing it to be seen. 

As people come to me with opportunities to get moving in what I am supposed to do, I am relying fully on the Holy Spirit for guidance and know it's not me.

I've even been able to witness real life miracles which is necessary because I need to know what's possible.

Well what about....this


As of this writing I have given up the ghost on this.  

I honestly don't think this is gone make it.  I am way too intense for this and I am so focused on where I am going and this doesn't appear to have their mind right.  

I can't afford to be distracted or pulled off course by those who are not on the same path.  

This isn't fear talking. This is me saying I am unwilling to compromise or settle.

This past week I complained to God and said: "I'm getting older and time is running out! We need to find some new prospects."

God said,  I know how old you are."

Of course he does and he makes everything out to work in his perfect plan but I'll say right here and right now that I'm unwilling to sacrifice or settle for a marriage and kids and miss out on this incredible work I've been called to do.  

Absolutely not. 

Hopefully this was just a warm-up to get the real party started.

I put it on the table and it didn't turn out like I thought it would and that is fine.  We know something better is going to happen.

Comments

Popular Posts