Fall PUSH 2019: Acceleration - Call Him Up with a change of course

My decision to move on from this

Has been liberating and not disappointing.  The way it would have gone before is that I would have beat myself for wasting so much time and reminded myself that this is why we closed the door on all of this years ago.

First of all Satan has been using the same tricks and same rhetoric for years with me.


Satan uses the same tricks and the same rhetoric. 

You made it up
See you’re going to be disappointed
Why did you even bother to get your hopes up?
This isn’t paying off. You should quit church again.

Oh but what about the last 18 months that I thought confirmed that this was meant to be?
What about them?
Wasn’t it a waste of time? Aren’t you disappointed
It wasn’t a waste.  If anything it was a wonderful lesson to get the party started.

Bottom Line: I cannot afford to be distracted and taken off course by someone whose mind is not right.  

How do you know someone's mind is not right?

Easy.  Look at their actions, consistent behavior, and associations.

All three of these things provided a clear indication that this would not be an asset but a liability for both parties.

Call Him Up


In the religion I grew up in we sang a song called "Call Him Up".  I don't know what made me think of this song but I found a great version of the song on YouTube (At the End)

Call Him Up and tell Jesus what the Problem is

I believe this speaks to this current season.  I can call Jesus up and tell him what the problem is no matter what and I don't internalize my disappointments.

When I complained to God about my age and time running out He said, "I know how old you are."

Of course he does but I can still talk about my doubts and fears

Call Him Up He will Cast Away Your Doubts and Fears

Bigger than my fear of missing out on a family, is my fear of settling for the wrong person out of desperation and lack of discernment.

I can't afford to be derailed by a counterfeit at this critical juncture in the journey.  Doors are opening that I thought were closed and opportunities that I had thought about but didn't think would actually come to fruition.

Call Him Up Jesus knows your every burden.  He's a Savior Who Cares

I think sometimes we are afraid to voice the truth in prayer.  What is the point of that?  If we serve an all knowing God, then he already knows what our burdens are.  We re able to cast our cares upon him because he cares about our well-being.  (1 Peter 5:7)

I love this version of the scripture:

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (NIV)

I can cast all my anxiety about missing it, being broke, and failing onto him.  

To be perfectly honest, I think this is one of the main reasons when after the fast I was more amused than anything that what I wanted to happen not only did NOT happen but the OPPOSITE happened. 

Here we are a few weeks later, I decide to move on altogether because if this is going to be a hindrance for my mission, then I'm willing to say FORGET IT.


STOP HESITATING I KNOW GOD IS WAITING SO CALL HIM UP. Jesus is a Friend Who is there in all your times of need and when trials come, your call he will heed.


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4
When we are tested, it's definitely a growth experience and if you're a teacher or preacher, then this is one of the ways you get your lessons to teach others.

During the sermon this past week at Shiloh, Pastor Melinda said that when you're teaching on something, God will test you on it.  I really do believe that if you're going to have credibility as a teacher, then you have to be able to teach people what you learned in your own process.  Those are the best and most effective teachers and leaders.  

Since we're human, we can also share what NOT TO DO.  I have a lot to share in that department.

Starting with Me

Since I am ready to cast my nets for the life partner and not give up.  I decided to refocus during this Fall Push and even though this didn't turn out the way I thought, it's time to move forward and let it begin with me.



God I pray for a life partner who is all in. 
A life partner who is committed, secure in who you’ve called him to be, and who is hungering and thirsting for righteousness so that he will be filled.
A life partner who is focused, decisive, and authentic.
A life partner who is world class and associates with those who are world-class who want to grow and be alive.

But most of all I pray that I am this life partner for him

Lord I pray that:

I am all in.
I am committed, secure in who you’ve called me to be, and that I am hungering and thirsting for righteousness so that I will be filled.
I am focused, decisive, and authentic
I am world class and associates with those who are world-class who want to grow and be alive.

ACCELERATION IN JESUS' NAME

Here's the video to the great version of Call Him Up I found on YouTube 

Comments

Popular Posts