Genesis: Let there Be Revelation


"Speak Lord your servant is listening," said Samuel who heard the voice of God as a boy. 

 It even took the priest Eli a few times to realize that the Lord was speaking to Samuel.

How funny that Pastor Javier talked about that same story on Sunday after I had just read that on Saturday.  My Current Reading is in 1 Samuel. It was more confirmation of being in the flow of everything.

Actually the whole service at Shiloh Church on Sunday was a confirmation of being in the flow of this season.  I have the BEST new anthem for this Fall Season...It's called, "Everlasting God" by William J Murphy and I'll share it at the end of this post.

Revealed

This Sermon Series at Shiloh hasn't been what I expected but after actually reading my Bible, I am not surprised.

I am always looking for the BOOM.  When I think of the Revelation of God, I'm thinking Fire, Thunder, Lightening, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Light Shows, and a Marching Band.

Does God do those things?  Sometimes but more often than not when God wants to reveal something to people, it's in the whisper.  It's in a nudge (as I experienced a few times this summer) 
You've got to shut up, be still, and get quiet.   

You don't do what I always liked to do in the past which is to decide things aren't moving fast enough because we're running out of time, run ahead,  try to figure it out, spiritualize bad decisions, assign meaning to those bad decisions, and try to make it all happen on my own.

All wrong

This Summer I asked God to make me different.  On June 10, I turned back around and said:  "Lord make me different".  Knowing that patience was an issue for me, I asked for patience 2x and I suppose God took me up on this offer because this certainly has been an unusual few weeks.



Love is Patient

According to Merriam- Webster the definition of Patient is:

bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
Not Hasty or Impetuous (marked by force and violence of movement or action )
able or willing to bear

I have had the most problems with #2.  I always wanted to impose and force my way into situations. I understand now that I did that out of fear.

As I'm working through my fears, I don't feel the need to do that anymore. I even surprised myself this summer. I shut up, sat down, and was still. 


The Lord is my Light and Salvation
Whom Shall I Fear?
Whom Shall I Be Afraid?
I will Wait on You
I will trust in You - Everlasting God, William Murphy

What is God saying to me in this season?

The message has been so consistent this entire spring/summer.  Whether it's in my own Bible Study, Prayer, Books, or the Messages at Shiloh.


You will not have to fight this battle. Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord.

The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.

Quietness and confident trust shall be your strength.

Those who trust in me shall not be put to shame, disappointed, or Disgraced.

Take the next step and I will provide what you need

I have determined your way. Provision will be there. Don’t worry about it.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”‭‭Stop looking for light shows, marching bands, and fireworks. Shut up, get close to me, and listen for the whisper.  

We sang this song at church on Sunday and I can't stop playing it and I stop crying every time I hear it.  I just feel like it says it all.  It's definitely my declaration of this Season



We set our hope on you.  We set our hope on your love
We set our hope on the one who is the Everlasting God
You are the Everlasting God
I will remain confident in this:  I will see the goodness of the Lord.  

I can't wait to see what happens next!!  


Comments

Popular Posts