Recommended Read: Prayer Reset, Bob Sorge

I'm fond of fitness challenges to LIVEN THINGS UP, spice up the routine, and challenge myself to go to a different level out of my comfort zone.

The same can be true of our Spiritual Fitness!

For me the 20 Day Prayer Reset by Bob Sorge is such a valuable resource.  The leadership of Shiloh Church had us do this prayer challenge accompanied by a 10 Day Daniel Fast.  I personally got a lot out of this challenge.

  • Taking stock of my priorities and saying NO to distractions
  • Got all FIRED UP about the fact that prayer accelerates God's purposes in the Earth.  If we don't pray, then there will be more delay.  (I had been ready to throw in the towel on some prayers because there was no action)
  • Started doing a Prayer List early am in the Morning.  I pray for myself, people, and circumstances using the Verse of the Day.  It's great because I #prayread and I've already got some word in me for the day and I have a focused prayer.
  • Got motivated to get into the Secret Place and find out what that is all about
  • Readjusted my attitude about certain issues
  • Set some more spiritual goals in my life which are AWESOME
  • Reached out to Dear Ingrid and let her know her IMPACT on my life
I am grateful to be at a church that encourages people to get their spiritual fitness game up!  This is a great resource for anyone whose prayer life has gotten boring, unenthusiastic, or discouraging like mine was starting to get.  I was starting to lose heart about certain stuff because I was so uninspired but this perked me right back on up.

Sowing Spiritual Seeds can be discouraging at times when NOTHING SEEMS TO BE HAPPENING.

As Brother Bob says in the book Secrets of the Secret Place

What we sow today requires seasons of growth. Sowing is usually extremely mundane, boring, and mental. Rarely are the benefits of sowing seen at the time.
I've been sowing some seeds for nearly 5 years and it seems like we ain't got nowhere....so this was encouraging to read.

This point and the other about prayer accelerating God's purposes in the Earth encouraged me like nobody's business.  

Comments

Popular Posts