Fresh Vision: Shutting down Discontentment and Keep on Keeping on

It has been an action packed few weeks with the Prayer Reset which was awesome and I got a lot out of it.

The Memorial I received from this challenge was that: "Our Prayers accelerate God's purposes in the Earth."  That gave me the encouragement to keep on keeping on because while I think things are too slow that gave me the encouragement to keep at certain "ark" projects when there is no sign of rain on the horizon.

That lasted a few days until discontentment started rolling in.

I was fine when I was just going to church singing, worshipping, learning new songs, hearing the word, getting invigorated, and preparing for revival but then this happened...



*Deep Sigh* 

There is nothing more discouraging and yet exciting for a single woman who is tired of it when this happens.

So I was congratulating myself on how well my classes have paid off because we haven't had any psycho chick incidents but then I started to become annoyed and discontent.  I started wishing I had never noticed this excitement because nothing was happening and it all felt like a set up for more disappointment.

The best part about going to the Secret Place is that I can confess and be transparent about all that is going on because God likes it when we're honest so I went to the secret place and began to grumble and complain just like the children of Israel.  "Oh you've brought me out here to the wilderness to make me notice this excitement so I can be disappointed and rejected yet again..."

I even wanted things to hurry along so that I could ultimately be disappointed and be like "I told you so"

Have a seat

I was even going to the secret place and trying to figure out what I am supposed to do.  Am I fumbling the ball?  What's going on here?  Should I do something so that I can get the rejection over and done with?

The Lord pretty much said:  "You're doing it again.  Have a seat.  Keep doing what you're doing.  Keep building your ark and don't worry about any of this. Just keep focusing on doing what you're doing and when I'm ready for you and the rain comes, then you'll know it beyond a shadow of a doubt."

Just have a seat and sit yourself down.  

Got it

Prophetic Word from Shiloh

The sermon yesterday was about Noah building the ark and how he continued to build the ark for 120 years without any encouragement of rain.  The Bible didn't record whether or not Noah asked lots of questions.  The Bible says that Noah walked in Close Fellowship with God.

The Word went forth that's a word to us today.  Keep walking in close fellowship with God, Keep working, Keep worshipping, and keep witnessing.  Just keep going.  The FABULOUS Dr. Nina used the word in Matthew 24:  
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man
Listen we know Revival is coming.  We know it.   All the signs that a big time cultural crash and shift are upon us.  So like Noah we must be faithful and keep working, walking with God, worshipping, and witnessing.

Noah had zero encouragement and the Bible doesn't say he complained.  No rain.  I'm sure people told him he was crazy and stupid for building this huge boat when there was no rainstorm in sight!  

Beginnings

The Sermon Series we have now at Shiloh is called Beginnings.  It's from the Book of Genesis.  May this be a summer and time of New Beginnings!

Good time to remind myself of the scripture for the year:


Comments

Popular Posts