Proverbs 31 OBS Why Her? Week 3 - It's Ok to not be ok

I am in the Facebook Group for this study and I have really been impressed with how open and honest the women were about not being okay whether it was from being cheated on in marriage to not having enough money.

That generally does not happen in church type situations.  People always give the "politically correct" answer to prove how holier than thou they are A preacher from my younger days used to call them "Church answers"


There has been none of this in that Facebook Group which is what a healthy community does.  People are able to be be honest about how they are feeling.

God hears us and is faithful to his promises

I talked about my breakthrough this week about realizing that I don't need to be the hero and that God will  give me a good gift.

It's easier to believe for a dysfunctional gift because that still gives me a semblance of control and also would confirm my bias towards disappointment.

The memory verse of this week was:

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: That if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." 1 John 5:14 (NIV)

During the Cross reference study we did this week I received another promise

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Bitterness or Breakthrough



Even now I cringe when thinking about my greatest lesson on comparison.  It all stemmed from me comparing and believing that I wasn't good enough due to background and just not being enough.  

I was on the way down in my life: Failed out of my job, feeling confused about what was the next step, feeling like things weren't going to change and to feel like I wasn't doing something right and that's why I was stuck when others seemed to be on the way up was just too much. 

I chose bitterness at first but I realized that wasn't how I wanted to live my life that's what led to a perspective change and ultimately led to breakthrough.

Stop the Nosiness  

I did become convicted through the study when Nicki asked us to Identify Nosiness.  I had stopped Facebook snooping for a while because I realized it was so pointless. 

I've started up again and now it's not to compare from the standpoint of "I'm not as good as this person" it's more for comparing about how I am vastly superior in my mind.  That is even MORE pointless and filled with ego.  It's this need I have to prove and justify being enough.  So enough is enough.

Identifying the Noise and Getting Quiet

This past week my friend posted a quote from Napoleon Hill:

"The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors"
I totally agree.  Every time I have listened to others and gone against what I know to be true about what I should do I have made major mistakes.  I also made the mistake several years ago of having not so wise counsel speaking into my life.  No more of that.  As a matter of fact, I've been praying and asking God to send me wise counsel and spiritual mentors to pour into my life.  People I can actually go to and they give me wise counsel!

Sometimes what we need is not exactly wrapped in the package we were expecting.  It may not make sense to our friends, family, and neighbors but we know it is right.

I have been waiting for excitement but it seems to be so quiet on many fronts. 



That's why it is important to get Quiet in our lives and let God direct the show. This week as I set my intention on alignment, I felt that happen when I decided to let go of the self created stories.  That couldn't have happened if I was busy going to the next thing and trying to find answers.  I wasn't even trying to find an answer when my A-ha Moment of wanting to be a hero dawned on me.

I've turned off Facebook on my phone and I'm ready to turn off Instagram Live Notifications because honestly the people who use it the most aren't doing anything interesting and it's distracting.

However my big Action Item is to stop Social Media Snooping and Nosiness altogether!

A good study is all about Conviction!  We have it here folks!!

Comments

Popular Posts