Proverbs 31 OBS Why Her? Week 2: Seriously tho, why her?

I have to admit that this week I was being nosy and snooping on social media although I said that I was going to stop doing so because I needed to let go but maybe this study got my spidey senses tingling and I started snooping.

All I could think after snooping was:  Seriously tho, Why Her?

It got to the point where I was thinking as I was doing one of my early a.m, workouts, "Why on earth am I doing this?  Why am I in constant pursuit of excellence?  It seems like it's all for naught.  You can be  raggedy and immature but still get married, have kids, and so forth.


That's what I get for snooping.

And listen I know that I am lucky because I am building my dream business, I'm working on developing myself to be the woman I need to be, and all that jazz but still at times all the training, learning, and working can be so FRUSTRATING.


Entitlement

Where does this attitude come from?  It comes from entitlement.  

It comes from me believing that because I am "putting in the work" that I should be rewarded now.  I'm asking, "Seriously though...why her" because I feel "her" has something that I want and believe I deserve.  

As I said last week, I learned that you should not compare yourself to others because what you think it is, it may not be.  It could be all lies and hot garbage.

See it How it really is


The truth is: What we see isn't how it really is.

We also see what we want to see instead of what it really is. 

A great example  in our society is the celebrity life.  A lot of people want to believe that celebrities are perfect, holy, and are much more superior to us.  We don't see what is really going on behind the scenes.  

“We need to remember, when looking at people’s lives that appear perfect to us, there’s probably a not-so-perfect story happening there that’s never going to be told. - Nicki Koziarz

I used to like watching the show Behind the Music on VH1 because they WOULD tell the stories of what was going on behind the scenes of our favorite musicians and those stories were FAR from glamorous.

We  project onto celebrities or other people what we want to see.  We've got all or nothing thinking.  We want to believe they have it all and we have nothing.  We believe their lives are perfect and ours are a meaningless misery.

As I learned in my own great lesson about comparing, things are not always what they appear to be and you're fruitlessly comparing yourself to something that does not exist.

Fresh Vision:  God Give Me eyes to see what I need to see....

"God Give Me Eyes to See what I need to see instead of what I want to see" - Why Her, page 42 
When I read this, I immediately thought about in the context of dating and having fresh vision.

One of the pitfalls for us single ladies is that we start projecting onto men what we want to see instead of what we need to see.  We need to see that he's not faithful, loyal, or emotionally available...instead we want to see him as a project that will come around if we just love him hard enough.

No thanks...Waste of Time.

Then I thought about this statement in the context of Fresh Vision.

What if we what we want to see isn't exactly what we need to see.  I keep coming back around to this statement.

God is Intentional but Unconventional.

What if I want to see my agenda all lined up the way I want it to be but God is like..."No you need to see it this way.  Not as your agenda that makes sense but you need to see it my way because it displays my glory".

Sigh.  Control Freak Problems.

I bet if I stopped trying to control things I would be a lot better off.


Settle and pouting....



Oh how well I know about this one!  

Clearly there are some areas of my life where the circumstances have not changed and it's become rather long and tedious. 

I am ready for something to happen.  

I have learned over the years that they haven't happened for good reasons because I would screw it all up so it's better to do the tedious training, shift my perspective, and praise God that I am not screwing it up rather than the alternatives which are:

1) Settle for less 
2) Pout 
3) Settle for less and then pout when the settling produces major disaster

This has been a long week.  I've been asking Seriously tho, why her and then wondering when all of this long and tedious training is going to pay off.  I know it will....I just wonder when.

Comments

Popular Posts